Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd be going wherever but its one I'd be happy to swerve if I was undecided. Playing a club not in their city in a ground which will be less than a third full isn't really what's its all about. Been lucky to have great trips so far but this one more of a hassle at the moment. Sure I'll enjoy it over there but I imagine the titty bars are extortionate.

:lol:

Guest anzhifanatic

As an American Anzhi fan, I'm really excited to play an English-speaking club :) Anyone who can make it to Moscow will be well-met by Anzhi fans. If the weather is reasonable there should be at least 15,000 there (though Luzhniki holds 76,000). There are a lot of Dagestanis who live and work in Moscow, plus the general football fans that want to watch good European competition. If you have any questions about Moscow, the team, fans, Russia, etc. feel free to ask me. I've lived in Moscow and Dagestan in the past and watch every Anzhi match. If anyone's interested in meeting with the folks from Anzhi's fan club, the Wild Division, before the match, I can get you in touch with them, too. A number of them speak English, so communication isn't a problem.

Looking forward to the tie, though it's going to be a tough one.

As an American Anzhi fan, I'm really excited to play an English-speaking club :) Anyone who can make it to Moscow will be well-met by Anzhi fans. If the weather is reasonable there should be at least 15,000 there (though Luzhniki holds 76,000). There are a lot of Dagestanis who live and work in Moscow, plus the general football fans that want to watch good European competition. If you have any questions about Moscow, the team, fans, Russia, etc. feel free to ask me. I've lived in Moscow and Dagestan in the past and watch every Anzhi match. If anyone's interested in meeting with the folks from Anzhi's fan club, the Wild Division, before the match, I can get you in touch with them, too. A number of them speak English, so communication isn't a problem.

I have a question. In the bogs in one of the pubs in Kharkiv there was a sign saying you weren't allowed to w***, bum someone, rollerblade or skateboard. This really affected my enjoyment of the Ukraine, is it allowed in Moscow? If it's the same I might not bother.

Someone put this in the class posts thread, fuck me I'm crying. :lol:

I have a question. In the bogs in one of the pubs in Kharkiv there was a sign saying you weren't allowed to w***, bum someone, rollerblade or skateboard. This really affected my enjoyment of the Ukraine, is it allowed in Moscow? If it's the same I might not bother.

Fucking hell :lol: :lol:

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5765/nowanking.png

Guest anzhifanatic

So long as you have a beer or gin and tonic in hand at all times, mullet and black leather jacket, most things can be dealt with in Moscow. The police are very agreeable with the right approach, so I think you should give the town a shot :)

Glad we aren't the only country where PC has gone mad!

:spit:

Guest anzhifanatic

:lol:

I don't keep track of the Russian league at all, how are Anzhi doing? I kinda thought there's an ego project and bet the best players are the ones not earning ridiculous quantities etc etc

The money is crazy at Anzhi, though it's been spent wisely. There aren't any bad apples on the team. Diarra, Jucilei, Zhirkov and Eschenko are probably the best performers right now. Eto'o is very good, of course, but not always the most effective and somewhat wasted up front. Willian should help with that.

In the league, we're pretty level with CSKA and Zenit. It will be a dogfight for first this spring. For an oligarch club, the rapid development has gone remarkably smoothly, to the shock of most Russian football fans, who, not surprisingly, detest Anzhi. Hiddink was a really good hire and has brought a lot of stability. The same is true of Roberto Carlos, who is influential in convincing players to come to Russia and still practices regularly with the team.

The three bottom far left, inspired. Hate those rollerblading wankers who can't plug in their electricals properly.

Guest firetotheworks

:lol: For some reason it's the man pissing away from the toilet that got me. It's his stance more than anything.

I fully believe we can win this. I don't believe Chelsea or Spurs have their hearts set on this and go easily go out when it comes to a better team. Chelsea will probably win their last 16 round but I think Inter might do Spurs. I see a lot of teams to be weary of but scared of there.

AVB will take it very seriously.