Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest anzhifanatic

For any Newcastle fans in Moscow, tickets are on sale at the Luzhniki ticket offices March 2-7. The offices are open 11-8 March 2-6 and 11-5 on match day. You'll need identification to buy a ticket, one document per ticket. Obviously, I don't know if they'll sell to someone with a British passport or how to get tickets to the away sector, but I imagine you could at least buy tickets to the VIP sector, worst case scenario. Regular tickets start at 200 rub, so it shouldn't be horrifically expensive.

I'm guessing there will be 10-15,000 at the match, depending on the weather. 16-17,000 came to the Liverpool match back in November. 

As an American Anzhi fan, I'm really excited to play an English-speaking club :) Anyone who can make it to Moscow will be well-met by Anzhi fans. If the weather is reasonable there should be at least 15,000 there (though Luzhniki holds 76,000). There are a lot of Dagestanis who live and work in Moscow, plus the general football fans that want to watch good European competition. If you have any questions about Moscow, the team, fans, Russia, etc. feel free to ask me. I've lived in Moscow and Dagestan in the past and watch every Anzhi match. If anyone's interested in meeting with the folks from Anzhi's fan club, the Wild Division, before the match, I can get you in touch with them, too. A number of them speak English, so communication isn't a problem.

Looking forward to the tie, though it's going to be a tough one.

I have a question. In the bogs in one of the pubs in Kharkiv there was a sign saying you weren't allowed to w***, bum someone, rollerblade or skateboard. This really affected my enjoyment of the Ukraine, is it allowed in Moscow? If it's the same I might not bother.

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5765/nowanking.png

:spit:

:lol: For some reason it's the man pissing away from the toilet that got me. It's his stance more than anything.

Was about to post the same thing. :lol:

For any Newcastle fans in Moscow, tickets are on sale at the Luzhniki ticket offices March 2-7. The offices are open 11-8 March 2-6 and 11-5 on match day. You'll need identification to buy a ticket, one document per ticket. Obviously, I don't know if they'll sell to someone with a British passport or how to get tickets to the away sector, but I imagine you could at least buy tickets to the VIP sector, worst case scenario. Regular tickets start at 200 rub, so it shouldn't be horrifically expensive.

I'm guessing there will be 10-15,000 at the match, depending on the weather. 16-17,000 came to the Liverpool match back in November. 

Will most fans come from Dagestan or are they exiles in Moscow ?

It's a real shame about the bureaucracy involved as a lot of NUFC fans would have loved to watch us play against a top team in Moscow.

As it is, it will probably be our lowest away following ever.

Guest anzhifanatic

Will most fans come from Dagestan or are they exiles in Moscow ?

It's a real shame about the bureaucracy involved as a lot of NUFC fans would have loved to watch us play against a top team in Moscow.

As it is, it will probably be our lowest away following ever.

Most will be Dagestanis from Moscow, along with maybe 300-400 making the 1600 km trip from Dagestan. Anzhi fans are disappointed, too. Only people who already had visas to England will be able to attend the game on the 14th. There should be 500-1000 at St James Park, though, from the Dagestani diaspora in England and Europe. 

Cost of the visa has stopped me from going. Just can't comprehend spending that much for a one night stay. IF we get through and then get Zenit/Kazan I'll have to re consider and see if I could manage it as I fancy a trek to Russia.

Why Is the game being played behind closed doors?

Racism for Lazio and fireworks for Fenerbahce. They're not playing each other btw.

Oh, that tweet implied.... infact never mind. I get the Racism, but what happened with fireworks to get a game closed behind doors?

As an American Anzhi fan, I'm really excited to play an English-speaking club :) Anyone who can make it to Moscow will be well-met by Anzhi fans. If the weather is reasonable there should be at least 15,000 there (though Luzhniki holds 76,000). There are a lot of Dagestanis who live and work in Moscow, plus the general football fans that want to watch good European competition. If you have any questions about Moscow, the team, fans, Russia, etc. feel free to ask me. I've lived in Moscow and Dagestan in the past and watch every Anzhi match. If anyone's interested in meeting with the folks from Anzhi's fan club, the Wild Division, before the match, I can get you in touch with them, too. A number of them speak English, so communication isn't a problem.

Looking forward to the tie, though it's going to be a tough one.

I have a question. In the bogs in one of the pubs in Kharkiv there was a sign saying you weren't allowed to w***, bum someone, rollerblade or skateboard. This really affected my enjoyment of the Ukraine, is it allowed in Moscow? If it's the same I might not bother.

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5765/nowanking.png

:spit:

:lol: For some reason it's the man pissing away from the toilet that got me. It's his stance more than anything.

Was about to post the same thing. :lol:

Might have already been mentioned, but what's the one three down on the right hand side? No putting soap in toilets?

Visa came back yesterday no problems, have now booked flights and arrive early match morning-Saturday.

Guest Geordiesned

So if we get through we don't want Lazio or Fenerbahce in the next round or none of us would be able to go.

• 2 weeks later...

So if we get through we don't want Lazio or Fenerbahce in the next round or none of us would be able to go.

Fenerbahce only got a 1 game ban if i understand correctly which is their home leg this week. They got a suspended sentence of being banned from Europe next season if it happens again.