Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Predictions for this round?

Viktoria Plzeň v. Fenerbahçe

Benfica v. Bordeaux

Anzhi Makhachkala v. Newcastle United    :shifty:

Stuttgart v. Lazio

Tottenham Hotspur v. Internazionale

Levante v. Rubin Kazan

Basel v. Zenit St. Petersburg

Steaua București v. Chelsea

Its the signing of Willian that scares me, Eto'o isn't as good as he once was and the rest are nothing to shout about but Willian really does scare me especially with Debuchy being cup-tied.

I think we can get through but it will be very difficult, if we can get past them though i think we can start to dream as the teams left are very even.

Its the signing of Willian that scares me, Eto'o isn't as good as he once was and the rest are nothing to shout about but Willian really does scare me especially with Debuchy being cup-tied.

I think we can get through but it will be very difficult, if we can get past them though i think we can start to dream as the teams left are very even.

It might be wise to play Santon on the right to counter Willian, letting Haidara start at LB. Danny had a good game against Kharkiv, but I just have a bad feeling about him tracking Willian. And I don't think we'll be able to use MYM outside as we did in the first game.

Benfica v. Bordeaux

Anzhi Makhachkala v. Newcastle United   

Stuttgart v. Lazio

Levante v. Rubin Kazan

viktoria plzen could be the dark horses,  if they repeat the form from the last round when they went away to napoli and won 3-0 and then followed up with a 2-0 home win,  also top of the czech league.  After winning 5-0 on agg against one of the strongest sides i doubt they will be fearing Fenerbache.

Napoli rested a lot of players didn't they?

don't think so, may not be totally full strength but when i watched the europa league highlights programme on itv4 on the friday nights after the two games the likes of Cavani were playing in both games.

Benfica v. Bordeaux

Anzhi Makhachkala v. Newcastle United   

Stuttgart v. Lazio

Levante v. Rubin Kazan

viktoria plzen could be the dark horses,  if they repeat the form from the last round when they went away to napoli and won 3-0 and then followed up with a 2-0 home win,  also top of the czech league.  After winning 5-0 on agg against one of the strongest sides i doubt they will be fearing Fenerbache.

Aye, Napoli played a second string in the 1st leg due to going for the league though but still impressive none the less. Hard to say who are the favourites as I don't know enough about the teams but Chelsea (who I've my money on), Spurs, Lazio & Zenit would be the standouts for me.

Spurs and Chelsea seem to be taking it seriously regardless but you don't how much the others will although Eastern European teams always tend too due the gravitas being bigger for them.

Absolutely no idea if we'll get through, Anzhi look great on paper but again not seen them play and they'll be a little out of practise.

"Applicants are encouraged to use the Express Service...The Express Service is priced at £210."

"Applicants who are self-employed, company directors  working from home and those not in employment may be required to show bank statements for the last three months which have a current balance of £100 per day for the duration of their visit. They must show the applicant's name, transactions and current balance."

I'm out  :yao:

Willian was bloody great whenever I saw Shakhtar in the CL like.

Hiddink has to be a big factor in their favour too.

Find him incredibly overrated myself.

Im worried it will be a re-run of Roeder vs Van Gaal

Well yeah he is better than Pardew tactically that much is obvious but by that logic almost any decent team we come across will probably have that in their favor.

Hiddink has to be a big factor in their favour too.

Find him incredibly overrated myself.

Im worried it will be a re-run of Roeder vs Van Gaal

Well yeah he is better than Pardew tactically that much is obvious but by that logic almost any decent team we come across will probably have that in their favor.

probably nonsense by me tbf. Not really comparable. We shouldn't have ever lost that second leg. If this team shows up over two legs we have a very good chance.

Aye agree :thup: i think it will be very difficult ( would probably have more confidence if Debuchy and Gouffran wasn't cup tied) but i definitely think we can win.

I'm sure Anzhi will look at it in a similar too, they will think they can win but they will know it won't be easy.

Even cup tie IMO.