Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's wrong anyhow. It's fucking mint.

Hungover to fuck but it's match day. Only got in from the docks area four hours ago.

Also, there's loads of pushers trying to peddle coke and weed. Don't bother if you are that way inclined, it's all a rip off and just legal herbs and shite.

If you are stopping tonight, head to Barrio Alto then if your still going down to the docks (about €6 taxi away).  Beer is good, locals are friendly but watch your wallets as you can tell the dodgies a mile off.

If you want a cheap prozzie, head to Rossio round the side streets.

What do you mean if?

Guest Roger Kint

He's wrong anyhow. It's fucking mint.

Hungover to fuck but it's match day. Only got in from the docks area four hours ago.

Also, there's loads of pushers trying to peddle coke and weed. Don't bother if you are that way inclined, it's all a rip off and just legal herbs and shite.

If you are stopping tonight, head to Barrio Alto then if your still going down to the docks (about €6 taxi away).  Beer is good, locals are friendly but watch your wallets as you can tell the dodgies a mile off.

What do you mean if?

He meant 'when' but didnt want us to think he had one.

Edit: Thats not the tranny street that the Benfica lads told us to avoid is it?  :hmm:

Apologies to anyone from Lisbon but it's the biggest shithole of all the European trips this season.

Edit: Kharkiv was much better.

May i ask you why? Because i never heard any tourist saying he had a bad time in Lisbon or Portugal for all that matters. But i guess you can't please everyone.

I'd been to Porto and thought it was very nice so looked forward to coming here. There was no one offering to sell me drugs on the street every 30 seconds or having to watch my pockets all the time there though.

Lisbon is vey safe, much safer than most European capitals. Yes you need to take normal precautions but its a great place.

The Portuguese are very friendly and love their football.

I'm leaving the house now, couple of beers in Cascais and then train into Lisboa, hope to see some of you around, I'm wearing a no 10 Ben Arfa shirt and I've got a black and white Union Jack.

Howay the Lads!!!!

Class night yesterday, met up with old friends not seen for 16 years for dinner at their house in Cascais then back into Lisbon for more dbeers at Docas and Barrio Alto, didn't get in until 4.30am, sore head.

Apologies to anyone from Lisbon but it's the biggest shithole of all the European trips this season.

May i ask you why? Because i never heard any tourist saying he had a bad time in Lisbon or Portugal for all that matters. But i guess you can't please everyone.

I'd been to Porto and thought it was very nice so looked forward to coming here. There was no one offering to sell me drugs on the street every 30 seconds or having to watch my pockets all the time there though.

Sorry to hear  that mate, but you have bad luck, that shit never happens to me  ;D (at least till now  :-X)

He's wrong anyhow. It's f***ing mint.

Hungover to f*** but it's match day. Only got in from the docks area four hours ago.

Also, there's loads of pushers trying to peddle coke and weed. Don't bother if you are that way inclined, it's all a rip off and just legal herbs and s****.

What do you mean if?

Try the Elephante Blanco in the centre of Lisbon "if" looking for some music beer and a fine "lady"... A mate of mine told me about it :) :)

We found the tranny street! Amazing! There were 5 or 6 sheltering from the rain in a bus shelter, so we dived in with them and took the piss for a few minutes. We asked a one with cracking tits where real ladies could be found and it pointed us in the right direction. Helpful.

Also just thought I'd mention we had a brilliant time in Lisbon. Parts of it were shithole-esq, but I guess most places have dodgy parts. The drug dealers were very annoying though, and the police seem to ignore it.

For the hour or so before kick off we left the area that the busses dropped us off in search of lager. A local pointed us to a small bar which had windows onto the training pitches. It was busy inside but once we had our pints in hand we started to sing. We were the only Nufc fans in there so it was 5 vs probably 50 or more. Met some good people in there and had a great time, as it got busier out ranks swelled to 7! When we first started to sing we were approached by 2 males, one with a white Lycra type material balaclava on and the other had his scarf covering most his face. Thought we were going to have to scrap at that point, but it was just to take photos!

This guy on the video seemed to be quite famous amongst the benfica fans in that bar... he seemed slightly crazy about benfica and is coming to newcastle via faro and leeds  http://youtu.be/Lj_1BVPeZo4

So thanks Benfica fans for your hospitality and if any Benfica fans here know the black lad with the white mask on, I want the picture off his iPhone of me and him!

Bollicks :lol: It's beautiful, I'm planning to head back for a few days in the summer.

edit:

Though the drugs bit is true :lol: I've never been offered drugs like that apart from at music festivals. Actually showing me the cocaine, and in the main square!

Guest Eusebio10

Hi there, Benfica fan here! :) I've been lurking this thread for a while, and just decided to register now.

Also just thought I'd mention we had a brilliant time in Lisbon. Parts of it were shithole-esq, but I guess most places have dodgy parts. The drug dealers were very annoying though, and the police seem to ignore it.

Though the drugs bit is true :lol: I've never been offered drugs like that apart from at music festivals. Actually showing me the cocaine, and in the main square!

Actually, none of you were offered any drugs, and the reason why those fucking gypsies sell their crap in broad daylight in a main square is because they are simply selling tea (weed), baking soda (cocaine) and bay leaf (hashish). That's why the police can't do anything other than taking them to the police station, and then releasing them...it becomes pointless eventually, and this scam has been going on for many years now. The gypsies only target foreigners, because the locals are not crazy enough to buy "drugs" in such a busy area and in broad daylight :) Besides, the scam is well known.

Regarding shithole-ness, I bet most of you ended up in Bairro Alto, well that particular area is one big and smelly shithole... But for some reason I don't understand, many foreigners always end up there when there are MUCH better alternatives to have a drink or three. Maybe word of mouth, tourist guides or something... haven't been there in years and certainly don't miss it :)

I bet Porto would have sold out their allocation.

:lol:

Rich, what your prediction on away fans? How many seats do we have available? Didn't read anything about that so far here in Portugal. Just curious.

:lol:

Rich, what your prediction on away fans? How many seats do we have available? Didn't read anything about that so far here in Portugal. Just curious.

Looks like you've been allocated around 2,800 seats. Don't know how many have been sold though.

Sold out!

Benfica didn't even take a full allocation, so we had an extra block in Leazes L7 for home fans. That's f***ing tremendous.

We've putted 30k in Parc des princes, they barely reached 5k.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmUwN7czvFJH--0eRoXoWAF6AdFFLoXZv2uxRT6uQCkCRnXDVc

Guest Roger Kint

Uefa.com is such a pile of crap. CL teams listed instead of EL teams as well

Fener v Benfica

Chelsea v Basel

Guest Roger Kint

Hope Benfica or Basel win - maybe Basel edge it because a CL dropout maybe doesn't deserve it.

Were they not a CL drop out as well? Or did they lose in the qualifiers and start in this comp?

Hope Benfica or Basel win - maybe Basel edge it because a CL dropout maybe doesn't deserve it.

Were they not a CL drop out as well? Or did they lose in the qualifiers and start in this comp?

Went through the group stages etc

Edit: In the Europa that is