Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Getting to Bordeaux is a bit of a task from Newcastle like. The easiest way is to get there is to:

- Take a train to London

- Then make your way to London Gatwick Airport

- And finally take an easyJet flight to Bordeaux.

Getting to Bordeaux is a bit of a task from Newcastle like. The easiest way is to get there is to:

- Take a train to London

aye

and this is what swayed us towards brugge instead

bit nervous now, all booked up but this talk of loyalty points is worrying me...only got about 6/7 :okay:

- Take a train to London

Interesting. Timewise it's pretty tricky, I did two Easyjet flights Newcastle-Bristol-Bordeaux over the Summer as going through London means having to change airports. Plus trains in England are expensive!

Edit: Trains in France are cheaper especially if booked in advance. TGV Paris-Bdx is three hours.

- Take a train to London

It isn't like. Toon to Paris then train

Are Bordeaux any good?

Were close to turboshit first half of last season and the one before that. Suddenly turned a corner when Obraniak arrived in Jan which led to the European qualification. They still have seemingly much the same team of average players but it's clicking.

- Take a train to London

Interesting. Timewise it's pretty tricky, I did two Easyjet flights Newcastle-Bristol-Bordeaux over the Summer as going through London means having to change airports. Plus trains in England are expensive!

Edit: Trains in France are cheaper especially if booked in advance. TGV Paris-Bdx is three hours.

It isn't like. Toon to Paris then train

This does seem to be the best option actually. Need to do some proper planning, a return to Bordeaux is long overdue :)

Guest bimpy474

Driven to Bordeaux 3 times and its one of the best drives i've done (from St. Malo). Just no traffic and plenty of places to stop to freshen up. That and France is a cracking place to drive through.

Ferry to Amsterdam £52.50 and then the train to Bruges around £90 return. £142.50 before hotel, probably book the hotel at a later date. There's about 20 of us going this way.

Got Bordeaux half sorted aswell, from Gatwick return for £170. Feel a Megabus could be used to get to London like - pennies need to be saved somewhere.

The excitement is already ridiculous like.

I'm pretty relaxed that there's a decent chance that I won't get a ticket but just hope to enjoy the atmosphere. I'm there a fortnight earlier with the missus and plan to scout out some good bars off the beaten track. There's always a chance someone has a spare- no-one on a gate in Belgium is going to be demanding to see your passport- they won't give a toss as long as you behave.

Guest neesy111

When will Bruges tickets go on sale? Is it only turnstiles?

Desperate to go there.

Probably a month beforehand.  It will defo not be turnstiles, all european away tickets have to be sold by the visiting club so there details are on record etc.

Bordeaux definitely looking the most likely for me. £103 (before all the scandalous airport taxes) return flights from Gatwick, or the Eurostar down to Paris from St Pancras and then TGV on to Bordeaux from there for £109 return.

I'm not confident of getting a ticket, but I'm going anyway. Me and the wife have booked up for Thursday and Friday night so we'll get a chance to look around the city. Obviously I want tickets, but if I don't get them I won't let it ruin the experience. The centre of Bruges will be full of Mags so it'll be a great atmosphere. I reckon there could easy be 10-12,000 make the trip.

Really want to go to Bordeaux too, will probably drive there as well. My boss has rejected my holiday request though, I asked for Weds/Thurs/Fri but only the Weds/Thurs are approved. Supposed to have a regional managers meeting on the Friday so he's turned it down. I can absolutely guaran-fucking-tee that the meeting will either be cancelled or moved the week before. At which point, if he doesn't relent and let me have the time off, I will go to head office and do this....

http://images.wikia.com/glee/images/9/9b/Desk_flip.gif