Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest GeordieBatistuta

Yeah, you're both right probably. There was a bit of hysteria surrounding it on Twitter when Thomas Cook first released the info for the schemes but I guess thats just twitter.

I've a feeling the majority of fans who booked on the Thomas Cook trip did so because they thought it would get them a match ticket that they wouldn't otherwise qualify for. It seemed to be sold to them on that basis. I reckon the numbers on the those trips will be decimated, now that those fans still have to abide by the points system. May even be cancelled. For those who booked with Thomas Cook who are assured of a ticket, it could be an uncertain few weeks, while they wait to see if sufficient numbers actually still go.

I've a feeling the majority of fans who booked on the Thomas Cook trip did so because they thought it would get them a match ticket that they wouldn't otherwise qualify for. It seemed to be sold to them on that basis. I reckon the numbers on the those trips will be decimated, now that those fans still have to abide by the points system. May even be cancelled. For those who booked with Thomas Cook who are assured of a ticket, it could be an uncertain few weeks, while they wait to see if sufficient numbers actually still go.

Well I would be one of those affected as I will have enough points.  I was told when booking that they would not deduct the money for the trip until it was confirmed and so far I have not paid anything so I don't think anyone will be waiting for refunds if it is cancelled.

Fans have no choice but to book their travel and accommodation as soon as dates are announced because the prices go up by so much.  Maybe when the draw is made they should not confirm dates until the ticket allocation has also been sorted between the clubs because then at least fans will know where they stand from the start.

I know a Brugge fan who frequents the football thread on a non-football board.  He had this to say

Don't think this is very wise' date=' there's going to be fucking thousands of us over there, tickets or not.[/quote']

Same, not very wise indeed. Keep in mind that the city police/board definitely had a great say in this, they really aren't that footballfriendly, we've had countless of collisions with them over the past years, not to mention we've been trying to build a new stadium for 10 years now, and still nothing has happened. They just keep blocking it.

Against Hannover last EL campaign we did a similar thing, and the Hannover fans just ended up in some of the home compartments..... There's a big chance that will just happen again now, with all the problems that may happen. Also, it would surprise me if the stadium is completely full now (around 26k fans), while if we just give the Away team 5k places that would really liven things up. (but that's just what the police is scared off, atmosphere and potential hooliganism)

Don't get what the benefits of doing this for Club Brugge are? Surely the club would make more money by giving us more tickets?

They will be struggling to fill it if they get any more results like tonight's!

Why? Tickets cost the same regardless, fill the ground with their fans and increase the chances of beating us + save on policing costs. Win, win, win.

Got absolutely no issue with Brugge doing this and if we had a small ground I'd want us to do the same. Looking forward to having a nice break in a nice city or 2 with ample beers to try.

I actually thought their stadium was bigger and they were going to be struggling to fill it. Agree.

Well I would be one of those affected as I will have enough points.  I was told when booking that they would not deduct the money for the trip until it was confirmed and so far I have not paid anything so I don't think anyone will be waiting for refunds if it is cancelled.

Fans have no choice but to book their travel and accommodation as soon as dates are announced because the prices go up by so much.  Maybe when the draw is made they should not confirm dates until the ticket allocation has also been sorted between the clubs because then at least fans will know where they stand from the start.

Aye, a lad at work's on the Thomas Cook trip too and he was saying the same about not having had to pay up front. I hope you get there. It's just a bit of a shame that you're left sweating on wether or not the trip goes ahead, because the club has misleadingly worded their ads to suggest that if you book the trip, you'll get a ticket. Which i'm sure swayed many into the Thomas Cook option.

I know what you mean about booking early too. I, like thousands of others, am all paid up for travel, hotels etc with no ticket guarantee. That's the gamble, and i'll be there regardless.

Guest Roger Kint

'With regard to NUFC's travel partner Thomas Cook and their advertised flight(s) to the game, the club have issued clarification subsequent to the above release saying that all tickets including those going to Thomas Cook will be issued on a loyalty point basis.'

Aye, a lad at work's on the Thomas Cook trip too and he was saying the same about not having had to pay up front. I hope you get there. It's just a bit of a shame that you're left sweating on wether or not the trip goes ahead, because the club has misleadingly worded their ads to suggest that if you book the trip, you'll get a ticket. Which i'm sure swayed many into the Thomas Cook option.

I know what you mean about booking early too. I, like thousands of others, am all paid up for travel, hotels etc with no ticket guarantee. That's the gamble, and i'll be there regardless.

I just hope that if they cancel it that they do it early to give people like me a chance to make alternative arrangements.  I seem to recall that in previous years you had to give details of your travel and accommodation arrangements when applying for tickets.

I'm keen to Still go to Brugge knowing I'm no chance of getting a ticket.

After Maritimo away, I can't wait.

Hopefully everyone who originally planned to go will still go and take over the town. 16,000 Geordies would be immense!

Anyone not going now after planning to?

Apparently the Fans Utd group have been told Belgian police intend to have a 3km 'No English without ticket' zone around the ground :lol:

No way could that be policed well.

As I said earlier this is what they did when we played Waregem in Ghent. Few of my mates went over in hope of buying on the door and got turned away/threatened to be arrested if they didn't fuck off.

Apparently the Fans Utd group have been told Belgian police intend to have a 3km 'No English without ticket' zone around the ground :lol:

No way could that be policed well.

At least the town centre is approx 7km from the stadium.

Get in!  :p