Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pretty stupid idea from the belgians really, the policing cost of having to deal with anything between eight and fifteen thousand fans in Bruges - getting pissed and trying to find somewhere to watch the game - is going to be enourmous. I trust the majority of our fans to behave, but there will some who will let us down, and that could seriously damage the reputation of the club.

I was always doubtful of getting a ticket but used it as an excuse to have a couple of days away with the wife, which I still will, but it could get a bit silly if things don't go well.

I know it's not the clubs fault, but advising fans not to make travel plans when it has already been released that around 16,000 have booked to travel by varying means!! Are they seriously expecting people to cancel?

I felt fairly confident of getting a ticket at 37 points before this announcement now i don't think ill get one at all, not bothered though it will still be a cracking weekend and atmosphere.

I dont blame Brugges really, there top of the league and doing well and if they sell out their home tickets then there's really nothing we can say.  If the shoe was on the other foot we'd be doing the same no doubt.

If Brugge continue to stick to their guns they are going to cause a good few needless incidents.

I ended up in the home end in Heerenveen and can see the same happening here.

Had nowt for the Breda game, but a fair few of us ended up in the home end after getting pally with the locals and taking their tickets off them in return for cash/shirts/booze.

Would have had a cracking time even without getting in tbf.

If Brugge continue to stick to their guns they are going to cause a good few needless incidents.

I ended up in the home end in Heerenveen and can see the same happening here.

Had nowt for the Breda game, but a fair few of us ended up in the home end after getting pally with the locals and taking their tickets off them in return for cash/shirts/booze.

Would have had a cracking time even without getting in tbf.

We had no trouble either - there was a few Nufc fans other than us in there as well. I also went to Alkmaar and couldn't get a ticket and watched the 1st half in a mad Alkmaar bar, 3 of us stumbled in with Nufc tops on; they were ok but asked us to leave at HT - it was wall to wall full of Alkmaar stuff and some of them were a but miffed that we thought it was ok to just walk in and start drinking instead of just turning around and walk out.

I know it's not the clubs fault, but advising fans not to make travel plans when it has already been released that around 16,000 have booked to travel by varying means!! Are they seriously expecting people to cancel?

A lot of people wont be able to. For example my Eurostar ticket is non-refundable, so I'm having a nice trip to Bruges whether I like it or not.

wasnt there some sort of article that said they were planning on bringing loads? lets give them the minium

Minimum would be 2620 based on our stadium capacity being 52404.

Birmingham upped their allocation to higher total to cater for their fans in order for Brugge to then up there allocation from 1470. Newcastle apparently tried to do a similar thing and negotiate but failed to come to an agreement. If we handled the negotiations anything like our transfer negotiations no wonder it fell through. Ashley's terms or no terms.

wasnt there some sort of article that said they were planning on bringing loads? lets give them the minium

Minimum would be 2620 based on our stadium capacity being 52404.

Birmingham upped their allocation to higher total to cater for their fans in order for Brugge to then up there allocation from 1470. Newcastle apparently tried to do a similar thing and negotiate but failed to come to an agreement. If we handled the negotiations anything like our transfer negotiations no wonder it fell through. Ashley's terms or no terms.

Ashley probably asked for 5,000 extra tickets for their ground in exchange for 1 more from us. Then stormed out when they said "No".