Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Geordiesned

Full statement for those who can't access it:

Newcastle United have been allocated 1470 tickets for their supporters for the forthcoming Europa League fixture in Brugge.

The club had requested a far larger allocation, based on the numbers of fans who wanted to travel to Belgium, however their pleas to the club have failed to secure more tickets.

Under UEFA rules, the home club is only obliged to allocate 5 per cent of its stadium capacity to the away team and in this case, that amounts to 1470.

Over recent days Newcastle United have been in constant contact with their Brugge counterparts to try and resolve the matter but to no avail. United have even been through UEFA channels to try and help but regrettably the home club and UEFA yesterday confirmed that the decision to stick to the minimum allocation would be unchanged.

Newcastle United are acutely aware that demand for tickets will far and away outstrip the number allocated and are also aware that many supporters may have already booked travel in anticipation of obtaining a ticket.

The club therefore strongly advises supporters not to make any travel plans for Brugge until they are guaranteed a ticket for the match.

Ticket criteria for United fans will be based on the Club's away loyalty points system, details of which will be advised by the club in the near future.

The decision by Brugge is understood to have been influenced by problems they experienced last season and in conjunction with local police authorities, they have acted as they see fit.

A Newcastle United spokesman said: "We have explored every possible avenue to obtain more tickets for our fans but we have to abide by the decision of the home club and UEFA, and unfortunately it is a matter now out of our hands.

"It is extremely regrettable that we could not secure a larger allocation as we are acutely aware of the large numbers of fans who would have wished to attend the game."

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas

Club release statement to say they had asked for more but turned down. Club advising fans not to make travel plans until they have a ticket.

Massively impractical that though.

And several weeks too late.

I prepared myself for this news a while ago so am happy to go without a ticket but it's still a huge disappointment to receive such a low allocation.

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas

Club release statement to say they had asked for more but turned down. Club advising fans not to make travel plans until they have a ticket.

Massively impractical that though.

And several weeks too late.

I prepared myself for this news a while ago so am happy to go without a ticket but it's still a huge disappointment to receive such a low allocation.

Plus the travel companies insistence on raising prices once the fixtures were announced. Most people booked early because it was cheaper too.

In a roundabout kind of way, this could actually make it a better trip. There could easily be upwards of 8,000 fans who are travelling without a ticket - that'll make for a cracking atmosphere in the city centre during the game. Regardless of the ticket news I still can't wait, going to be a class trip I reckon.

Meh, kind of expected a scramble to get tickets, but didn't expect such a low allocation.

Going to see what the lads say and see if were just going to go for the beers and the laughs.  No chance of me getting a ticket with the loyalty points I have.

It's not NUFC's fault like, other than that they could have tried to find out the intentions of the other clubs as soon as the draw was made. If Brugges suffered problems last year and were always going to give the minimum allocation, NUFC could have advised our fans nearly three weeks ago. Maybe they tried, dunno.

It would be impossible to advise the fans as within hours flights and hotels were booked. my only fear are the bars being closed down for the day due to the amount of fans travelling without tickets

to the offy

Suddenly I can foresee 8,000 geordies in the middle of a square swigging from cheap cans and crowding round a crackling radio trying to find out what's happening in the match.

It would be impossible to advise the fans as within hours flights and hotels were booked. my only fear are the bars being closed down for the day due to the amount of fans travelling without tickets

My mate said they did this in Ghent when they went over from the Zulte Waregem game, they weren't actually allowed in the town at all without having a ticket, not sure how that worked mind.

I'm sure the Belgian police have a far different perspective on ticketless English drunken yobbos than we do.

Not a chance, all the bars will be thinking about is the ££££ they will make a bomb if there are thousands of Geordies on the drink.

Not a chance, all the bars will be thinking about is the ££££ they will make a bomb if there are thousands of Geordies on the drink.

Exactly. Almost every single one will have the match on (providing it's on Belgian TV).

Found this gem about Birmingham last year:

Blues are delighted to confirm that Club Brugge KV have agreed to an increase to our allocation for the away UEFA Europa League tie on Thursday 20 October.

Officials from the Belgian side have now granted us an allocation of 5,000 tickets.

Blues were originally given 1,500 tickets, 5% of the capacity of the Jan Breydel Stadium, as per UEFA regulations.

However Blues officials have worked hard in the weeks that have followed to successfully negotiate an increase to that allocation.

Following a further inspection in Belgium this week, Club Brugge KV agreed to give Blues supporters the whole of their South Stand end.

Ticket selling arrangements for this fixture will be communicated via bcfc.com in due course.

Found this gem about Birmingham last year:

Blues are delighted to confirm that Club Brugge KV have agreed to an increase to our allocation for the away UEFA Europa League tie on Thursday 20 October.

Officials from the Belgian side have now granted us an allocation of 5,000 tickets.

Blues were originally given 1,500 tickets, 5% of the capacity of the Jan Breydel Stadium, as per UEFA regulations.

However Blues officials have worked hard in the weeks that have followed to successfully negotiate an increase to that allocation.

Following a further inspection in Belgium this week, Club Brugge KV agreed to give Blues supporters the whole of their South Stand end.

Ticket selling arrangements for this fixture will be communicated via bcfc.com in due course.

Doesn't even fill me with hope, can't see NUFC even giving a fuck to be honest.

Wasn't really expecting a ticket at 5000, so no chance at this allocation. Anyone any idea if you will need to send a copy of your passport and travel plans alongside your season ticket? Might rule out a few folk who use other peoples season tickets to get to the more popular away games.

Rough idea of the points that will be needed? 50+?

Usually it starts at about 70 for the mackems iirc and that is with an allocation of 3k. I can honestly see this starting at 90+ maybe more! Let's face it there must be over 1000 fans with over 100 points so they have to try and accommodate these first and fairly! I don't want to see it started at 50 and a mass scramble for tickets - selling out in hours. I also hope they don't retain any for corporate companies etc.. As I know that happens too.

I am confident of a ticket but it's a sickner for lads on points in the 40's etc cos they will be hanging in no mans land at the minute!