Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There are some pretty decent teams in this competition.  I know it is obviously far more exciting when your team is involved, but it is amazing that this competition is so badly thought of.  I really hope that we take it seriously if we get out of the group stage.

What is the rules like on this? can we play teams in our group i.e. Bordeaux and English teams? i.e. Spurs. ( last 32)

In the knockout phase, teams will play against each other over two legs on a home-and-away basis, except for the one-match final. The draws for the round of 32 and round of 16 will be held on 20 December 2012. The draws for the quarter-finals, semi-finals and final (to determine the "home" team) will be held on 15 March 2013.

In the draw for the round of 32, the twelve group winners and the four third-placed teams from the Champions League group stage with the better group records will be seeded, and the twelve group runners-up and the other four third-placed teams from the Champions League group stage will be unseeded. The seeded teams will be drawn against the unseeded teams, with the seeded teams hosting the second leg. Teams from the same group or the same association cannot be drawn against each other. In the draws for the round of 16 onwards, there will be no seedings, and teams from the same group or the same association can be drawn with each other.

Have to say, love this competition. It seems wrong when we aren't in it. Like the season is missing something. The FA ,70 hardly even breaks up the league season much anymore either the coverage is so poor. It's hard to look forward to games when you know you're scraping about looking for coverage. The Europa League is far more enjoyable.

Don't fancy carrying my passport around; wonder if a photocopy would do when walking around Brugge - it's the only photo ID I have.

Carrying passports or approved ID is compulsary in much of Europe when ID cards are the norm. This isn't a special thing for us. Driving licence is normally fine.

Winning.  :snod:

Seriously, think we have a chance if take things seriously. Only problem will be the CL teams dropping down but, on the other hand, they won't really go for it anyway.

Just look at Man Utd and City last year - everyone thought they would both end up in the final. Think we can have a shot if we find our form and really go for it.

7th favorite at the bookies. And I doubt that teams like Inter, Lyon or Liverpool (:lol:) will have a shot at winning.

Liverpool are great at cup competitions tbf.

I think that goes more for FA Cup / League cup imo.

The times they were going for CL titles are gone.

7th favorite at the bookies. And I doubt that teams like Inter, Lyon or Liverpool (:lol:) will have a shot at winning.

Liverpool are great at cup competitions tbf.

I think that goes more for FA Cup / League cup imo.

The times they were going for CL titles are gone.

:dowiespin: