Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They can with the overage players, iirc.

There's apparently a clause in Beckham's contract that allows him to play in the Olympics if called up, not sure why it would exist if they couldn't prevent him from going.

They can with the overage players, iirc.

There's apparently a clause in Beckham's contract that allows him to play in the Olympics if called up, not sure why it would exist if they couldn't prevent him from going.

I haven't heard that before. Maybe we could let them have one or the other but letting both go is ridiculous and something we just can't afford to do.

Guest michaelfoster

Need a Real Madrid or Bayern win now or no Champions League

ah well Terry, Ivanovic, Meireles & Cahill all out

Need a Real Madrid or Bayern win now or no Champions League

ah well Terry, Ivanovic, Meireles & Cahill all out

Ramires is suspended also, but Cahill will probably be fit?

If he's pulled him hamstring (as suspected) then thats him out for the rest of the season I should imagine.

I wonder if TNS will offer us a play off for their CL place if we finish 4th and Chelsea win it, they did to Liverpool.

were uefa in agreeance with this ?

Don't know, in the end UEFA dumped out some unknown team and gave their place to Liverpool, Liverpool actually ended up being tied against TNS as well.

"We've lost some key players at the wrong time, Kaboul, Dawson and now Assou-Ekotto. Three defenders look like they're out for the rest of the season so it's been difficult."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11945/7701849/Harry-targets-four-wins

Moar injuries for Spurs. Mwahhahahah.

Well, either that or more players falling out with Arry - either way, good news for us!

King is playing with Injury also. Their back four is looking dodgey:

Walker  King  Gallas  Rose

With only Nelson as back-up?

I bet they regret loaning out Corluka and Bassong now.

Edit: Naughton too.

I suspect he'll play Bale at LB now. Great stuff with their injuries, even more excuses for the players to give up when things aren't going well for them! I'm still surprised he let Pav go and only replaced with Saha.  :idiot2:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Yeah, Rose probably won't be trusted at left back. Bale LB, Lennon wide left, Van Der Vaart on the right.

I'll be more happy if he plays Bale at LB than Rose as that's their main attacking threat nullified and he's not the greatest of defenders.

From a little sneak on the Spurs forum the majority think it'll be Rose at LB.

Yeah, Rose probably won't be trusted at left back. Bale LB, Lennon wide left, Van Der Vaart on the right.

I'd be thrilled if they did that. It'd basically be Redknapp asking us to finish above them.

Guest VaVaVoom

Fantastic! Should be pressure off now for us to attack the CL positions.

Would be a proper sickener if we finish 4th and Chelsea beat Bayern like. For that matter we should be going hellbent on finishing 3rd!

That said, i actually think Bayern will absolutely batter them in the final.

Think Chelsea could rest players against us next Wednesday in favour of the Cup Final?

I think if Barcelona had knocked them out then they wouldn't have, but now they know they can get CL football in a one off game might mean their focus now switches to the two Cup finals.

Guest VaVaVoom

I think Di Matteo would want an FA Cup win on his managerial CV like, boosts his chances of getting the job fulltime.

I dont see them winning the CL. I also think they are going to finish 6th.