Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fingers crossed for two Finnish teams too. Though I cant see KuPS beating Bursaspor.

Wouldnt mind Copenhagen either. Really cheap flights from Helsinki with Norwegian...

Stockholm would be mint too...though Im a bit scared of Towelie and his AIK hooligan buddies.

Guest MalcolmW

Plenty good news.

It looks singularly unlikely that there will be more than 2 upsets in the Champions League to drop Newcastle's position in the seeding list. But there are some Europa League higher rated clubs in difficulty, which will improve Newcastle's position. So a net drop of several places is no longer realistic.

Lech Poznan lost 3-0 in Sweden. Steaua Bucharest lost 1-0 at home.

Rosenborg and Marseille both had 1-1 away draws (and Liverpool scraped a 1-0 away win).

Are we still expecting to play the first leg away from home or is it down to the opposition agreeing?

it shoukld be as drawn but the oppo need to agree to change the date.

Aye, we're trying to get the match on Wednesday instead of Thursday right?

So having looked around I can't find any mention of the first leg being away from home due to a clash with the Olympics. Did I imagine it?

We're having a home game in PL before the EL, so i don't see how the Olympics could do any problems.

So having looked around I can't find any mention of the first leg being away from home due to a clash with the Olympics. Did I imagine it?

that was just if we went into the round that liverpool are in. ie, now.

We're having a home game in PL before the EL, so i don't see how the Olympics could do any problems.

that was just if we went into the round that liverpool are in. ie, now.

Thanks for the answers, that makes sense now

BATE and Dynamo Kiev won tonight, which means 2 teams with a lower coefficient than us drop into the Europa League :thup:

We ideally need Cluj, Anderlecht, Dinamo Zagreb, Celtic, Basel, Fenerbahce and Panathinaikos to win tomorrow to drop more teams into the Play-off round from the CL qualifiers with lower co-efficient than us.

Ideally we want Inter, Liverpool, Marseille, Bilbao, POAK, Steau Bucaresti, Sparta Prague, Heerenveen, APOEL, Anorthosis, Lech Poznan and Rosenborg to get knocked out on Thursday in the Europa League 3rd round qualifiers. Obviously most of them will go through. They all have a higher coefficient than us.

Guest bimpy474

BATE and Dynamo Kiev won tonight, which means 2 teams with a lower coefficient than us drop into the Europa League :thup:

We Need Cluj, Anderlecht, Dinamo Zagreb, Celtic, Basel, Fenerbahce and Panathinaikos to win tomorrow ideally to drop more teams into the Play-off round from the CL qualifiers with lower co-efficient than us.

Ideally we want Inter, Liverpool, Marseille, Bilbao, POAK, Steau Bucaresti, Sparta Prague, Heerenveen, APOEL, Anorthosis, Lech Poznan and Rosenborg to get knocked out on Thursday in the Europa League 3rd round qualifiers. Obviously most of them will go through. They all have a higher coefficient than us.

Fen you are going borderline nerd mate.

We Need Cluj, Anderlecht, Dinamo Zagreb, Celtic, Basel, Fenerbahce and Panathinaikos to win tomorrow ideally to drop more teams into the Play-off round from the CL qualifiers with lower co-efficient than us.

I think the Olympics has made me OCD.

Guest bimpy474

I think the Olympics has made me OCD.

Actually i think we are all borderline nerd tbf, its not a bad thing, well i dont think so anyways ;D