Blackburn Rovers vs. Newcastle United - 01/02/12 @ 8pm - Pre-match thread

Fenham Mag

Worst case scenario I guess

Krul                   

Simo  Willo Perch Santon

Guth Gos

Barfa    Jonas      Best

Shola

Edit : Would have gone for 4-4-2 and the theme of keeping it simple if Cabaye was playing, but since hearing the news of his possible suspension, I cannot see 4-4-2 which includes HBA but not Cabaye for an away game and coming off the back of our recent capitulations. I think the setup below provides the defensive cover Pardew likes for away games but still allows us to trouble the opposition. Be that through the unpredictability and skill of HBA, Ba and Jonas (on his day); it also allows for some decent delivery from Raylor.

Krul

Simpson    Colo  Willo    Santon

Guthrie      Perch

Raylor          HBA          Jonas

Ba

I know, I know it's Perch but we need someone in the midfield to get stuck in, win possession and protect the back four. That's the theory though.

Raylor to help Simpson and get some decent delivery into the box when needed. This way we don't rely on Simpson's sh*t distribution.

Jonas to bring his workrate to help Santon on the wing. Unlike Saturday where he looked lost in the middle of the park. And Best on the left is really making a mockery of things.

I would play Ba from the start, but I suspect it will be Best up top and Ba from the bench. I can live with that.

The last thing we want to do is have a lineup smelling of fear going into an away game against a relegation threatened team!

Guest neesy111

Fuck it, start Cisse and Ba. Worst come to worst and they play shit. They'd still contribute more than Shola and Best.

Agreed.

I'd just play a very attacking midfield and just have a right go at blackburn.  If we lose, can't say we didn't try.

f*** it, start Cisse and Ba. Worst come to worst and they play s***. They'd still contribute more than Shola and Best.

I'd like nothing more! I have said that too in frustration in an earlier post, but since then I have been sitting here and thinking about what would happen if we push either of them too far, too early and one or both suffer an injury?

It will be Best and Shola for a while longer then!! I can live with Best in the first XI if the first choice pairing are unavailable, but I cannot tolerate Shola any longer under any circumstances.

f*** it, start Cisse and Ba. Worst come to worst and they play s***. They'd still contribute more than Shola and Best.

I'd like nothing more! I have said that too in frustration in an earlier post, but since then I have been sitting here and thinking about what would happen if we push either of them too far, too early and one or both suffer an injury?

It will be Best and Shola for a while longer then!! I can live with Best in the first XI if the first choice pairing are unavailable, but I cannot tolerate Shola any longer under any circumstances.

and even make him captain !

Guest MrSundlofer

4-4-2

Krul - Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini, Santon - Ben Arfa, R. Taylor, Guthrie, Jonás - Ba, Best.

If Cabaye won't play.

And if Ba can't play, why not Lovenkrands? :lol:

I suppose it's to early for Cissé.

Guest VaVaVoom

---Krul---

Simpson---Williamson---Coloccini---Santon

Ben Arfa---Guthrie---Gosling---Jonas

Best---Ba

Would rather see Raylor in for Simpson and Cisse starting with Ba but i very much doubt AP would throw him in from the start.

Fancy Ben Arfa to run the ragged again though. Guthrie to boss the midfield and Ba to score on his return.

1-0 Ba

Guest VaVaVoom

I'd have Abeid in if it was up to me.

Yeah, he is an option. As is Vuckic but i do think Gosling deserves a starting chance.

Guest neesy111

Yeah, he is an option. As is Vuckic but i do think Gosling deserves a starting chance.

Really?  I've seen nothing from Gosling to think he deserves a start.

Guest VaVaVoom

Really?  I've seen nothing from Gosling to think he deserves a start.

Thats because he hasnt played.

Guest VaVaVoom

I think Abeid despite his age is the closest we have to replacing what Cabaye offers.

Agreed. But i think Gosling is more box to box which will allow Guthrie to dictate the tempo a little more.