Blackburn Rovers vs. Newcastle United - 01/02/12 @ 8pm - Pre-match thread

Fenham Mag

Cisse could have one leg, have flown around the world, be 25% fit, not speak English or know any of the other players in the team and would still be an upgrade for us upfront.

I'd throw him in. But then I'm a harsh bastard.

Cisse could have one leg, have flown around the world, be 25% fit, not speak English or know any of the other players in the team and would still be an upgrade for us upfront.

I'd throw him in. But then I'm a harsh bastard.

Should've ended with the one leg bit, but still. :lol:

Don't think it would be fair on Cisse to throw him in against Blackburn.  He doesn't speak English yet (maybe not that big a deal with all our french speakers) and think the best thing for him is too let him have a week on the training ground getting to know his team mates and how the club operates and set him up for a home debut against Villa. 

Ba is different,  he should be ok to slot straight back into the team,  hopefully the kitman can give him back his shooting boots cos watching him in the ACN i think he left them here when he flew out.

Agree with that, though I suspect Cissé may be on the bench.

Spot on, although I think it will be for reasons other than language problems.

Shpuld have a chat about Samba whilst we are down there... cheeky load bid

:D

It'll be a bit late mind.

Loan deal can still be done then can they not?

:lol:

nah only football league teams can.

Colo could make Rovers return

By MILES STARFORTH

Published on Monday 30 January 2012 12:51

FABRICIO Coloccini is winning his battle to fit for Newcastle United’s visit to Ewood Park.

However, Alan Pardew is still waiting to hear if Demba Ba and Papiss Demba Cisse will be back in time to face Blackburn Rovers on Wednesday night.

Coloccini missed Saturday’s 1-0 FA Cup defeat to Brighton and Hove Albion with a groin injury.

James Perch deputised for Coloccini at the Amex Stadium, where Will Buckley’s second-half goal was the difference between the two sides.

However, Pardew is confident Coloccini, pictured right, will be available when the club returns to Premier League action.

Asked if Coloccini would be fit to face Blackburn, Pardew said: “I hope so – it’s a slight groin problem.”

Ba and Cisse’s involvement in the African Cup of Nations is now at an end, Senegal having last night lost their final group game against Libya.

And the strikers today left Equatorial Guinea, with Pardew hopeful the pair will be back on Tyneside tomorrow.

The club has attempted to hasten their return by petitioning the Senegal Football Federation.

However, the timescale is tight and fans could have to wait until Sunday, when Newcastle take on Aston Villa at St James’s Park, to get their first glimpse of Cisse in a black and white shirt.

“We have to see what their criteria is, but we’re hopeful – Tuesday’s still the target,” Pardew told the Gazette.”

United, knocked out of the Carling Cup at Ewood Park earlier this season, could have dropped down to seventh place by the time they face Blackburn, with Liverpool, a point behind them in the Premier League table, in action at Wolverhampton Wanderers tomorrow night.

The fixture is followed by a home game against Aston Villa on Sunday and the challenge for Newcastle is now to stay in the top six.

“This is an important period for us,” Pardew said. “We know if we can get three or four points out of the next two games and the core of the team returns, who knows?”

Meanwhile, Pardew has defended last week’s mid-season break in Tenerife.

Pardew and members of his squad were yesterday pictured in a newspaper enjoying a night out on the Canary Island.

However, he doesn’t think the trip, a team-bonding exercise, was a contributory factor to the club’s FA Cup defeat.

“I don’t think there’s any correlation with that at all, to be honest,” he said.

http://www.jarrowandhebburngazette.com/sport/sport-columnists/black-white/colo_could_make_rovers_return_1_4194933

Guest Roger Kint

How many times have we played Blackburn this season now? 15 times?

This will be our forth.

Not sure it was a serious question :D