Blackburn Rovers vs. Newcastle United - 01/02/12 @ 8pm - Pre-match thread

Fenham Mag

0-1 win, if we're lucky. I just honestly struggle to see where our goals are going to come from. If Ba and Cisse do come back and play, they're both gonna be wrecked anyway after playing 3 games so close to each other, then flying back from Africa to Newcastle to make a trip to Lancashire.

How long is a flight from E' Guinea to Newcastle? 4 hours?

Maybe they are flying into Senegal today and then from there back to Newcastle tomorrow. Complete speculation of course and I have no idea what difference this would make to flight times, but breaking up the journey can surely only be beneficial for us.

I'd  have two jet lagged Demba's upfront rather than a fully fit Ameobi and Best.

Don't think it is jet lag that is the problem as there isn't much of a time difference. It is about the effects that travelling might have on their bodies e.g. someone mentioned dehydration. I know nothing of it myself, but I guess when you're a premier league footballer having to perform at an extremely high level of physical of fitness then the effects travelling are likely to be felt more than they would by most of the rest of us.

I'd  have two jet lagged Demba's upfront rather than a fully fit Ameobi and Best.

Don't think it is jet lag that is the problem as there isn't much of a time difference. It is about the effects that travelling might have on their bodies e.g. someone mentioned dehydration. I know nothing of it myself, but I guess when you're a premier league footballer having to perform at an extremely high level of physical of fitness then the effects travelling are likely to be felt more than they would by most of the rest of us.

Someone might advise them to drink some water ? Possibly even with a little drop of sirop in it  ;)

I normally just get bored sh*tless after too many games of top trumps and contemplate cutting my own throat. I f*cking hate travelling with a passion.

Someone might advise them to drink some water ? Possibly even with a little drop of sirop in it  ;)

That would indeed be my solution to it, but of course I am no medical expert!

If people think they will make it to this game they need to examine their head...

Nice. So how many days of RECOVERY do you think they need from a flight?

They can play 45min each for Sunday. It all depends how strong they are mentally if they are really disappointed we will see lackluster performances.

If people think they will make it to this game they need to examine their head...

Nice. So how many days of RECOVERY do you think they need from a flight?

They can play 45min each for Sunday. It all depends how strong they are mentally if they are really disappointed we will see lackluster performances.

If we were to bring the disappointment factor into this as well, I think the whole squad would show a lackluster performance after that Brighton farce. They are professional footballers, no?

I really don't see the problem with the, gettin back 2mora and playing Wednesday, light run Tuesday night to shake any cobwebs and a good nights sleep and they should be fine. Consider it prep from Europa league next season.