Blackburn Rovers vs. Newcastle United - 01/02/12 @ 8pm - Pre-match thread

Fenham Mag

Guest MrSundlofer

I think Abeid despite his age is the closest we have to replacing what Cabaye offers.

Judging from what?

Football.

Funny guy.

I think Abeid despite his age is the closest we have to replacing what Cabaye offers.

Agreed. But i think Gosling is more box to box which will allow Guthrie to dictate the tempo a little more.

Re: your 4-4-2 line up in your earlier post and the point about allowing Guthrie to dictate the tempo - I agree Guthrie must be the one to dictate the tempo, but we need possession first to dictate the tempo and looking at your line up I am struggling to see a ball winner in the four you have in midfield. Consider too that we will be away from home.

Guest VaVaVoom

Agreed. But i think Gosling is more box to box which will allow Guthrie to dictate the tempo a little more.

Re: your 4-4-2 line up in your earlier post and the point about allowing Guthrie to dictate the tempo - I agree Guthrie must be the one to dictate the tempo, but we need possession first to dictate the tempo and looking at your line up I am struggling to see a ball winner in the four you have in midfield. Consider too that we will be away from home.

Do we have a ball winner available like? Your not suggesting Perch is a ball winner and should play in CM are you? :lol:

Judging from what?

He was excellent against Blackburn in the cup. Seemed comfortable in possession and passed intelligently and sensibly. I can't say the same for what I've seen of Gosling and Ryan Taylor in that position.

Guest MrSundlofer

Judging from what?

He was excellent against Blackburn in the cup. Seemed comfortable in possession and passed intelligently and sensibly. I can't say the same for what I've seen of Gosling and Ryan Taylor in that position.

:thup:

Sounds good.

Judging from what?

:thup:

Sounds good.

I'm not saying he's the answer or even guarenteed to cope, just that from what I've seen of all our options there he'd be my preferred choice.

Do we have a ball winner available like? Your not suggesting Perch is a ball winner and should play in CM are you? :lol:

Considering our available options, the fact we wont have home advantage, the fact that Pardew has played him in CM before to "close games out", the fact that he will at least have some confidence from a decent personal performance last week, albeit against a Championship team. I would reluctantly play him in the following setup with a specific limited brief to break up opposition attacks and pass to the closest best placed team mate. If he can get himself around the park and force their midfielders into playing passes that are not on and that gets us possession it will release Guthrie to dictate our play and release the players ahead of him.

Krul

Simpson    Colo  Willo    Santon

Guthrie      Perch

Raylor          HBA          Jonas

Ba

I agree I wouldnt put Perch at CM in a 4-4-2 though, that role requires skills he just does not possess.

Is Danny Simpson not suspended? ESPN said at the time he got booked at Brighton that it was his 5th yellow card.

We're past the cut off point for five.

Shame.

Krul

Simpson    Colo  Willo    Santon

Guthrie      Perch

Raylor          HBA          Jonas

Shola

:scared:

How about now?

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrskm4aG1r1qiqdkgo2_250.png

Krul

Simson    Williamson    Coloccini    Santon

Guthrie          R. Taylor

Ben Arfa                Jonas                  Best

Ba

Is what I think we'll play.

Krul

Simpson Colo Williamson Santon

HBA    Guthrie    Raylor    Jonas

Shola      Ba

Though I can honestly see Ben Arfa getting dropped for Obertan.

Guest Roger Kint

Krul

HBA    Guthrie    Raylor    Jonas

Shola      Ba

Though I can honestly see Ben Arfa getting dropped for Obertan.

If Cabaye is as expected out then Raylor/Guthrie/Gosling/Jonas with HBA and Shola or Best would be more likely imo. That said Obertan for a bit of pace might not be totally awful. Either way would hate to see 2 up top of Shola/Best again, its painful.

I'd just start Cisse but know that is not going to happen so:

Krul

HBA    Guthrie    Mehdi    Jonas

Shola/Best      Ba

Can't decide who is worse out of Shola and Best from the last game. Obertan is even worse though. Ryan Taylor to come on for Shola/Best if the above team doesn't work and move HBA central.

Play Jonas on the wing ffs and let him run at players not sure where or what Pardew had instructed him to do last game. It didn't work whatever it was.

You know its gonna be something closer to this

Krul

Simpson  Williamson  Colo  Santon

HBA/Obertan  Guthrie  Vuckic/Abied  Jonas

Ba/Shola    Best

:embarrassed: