Newcastle United vs Aston Villa - 05/02/12 @ 1:30pm (Sky) - Pre-match thread

JH

Its not the pitch its the approach roads and public safety that usually get the game called off. What's it like around the city centre?

The sun is out and it's not too cold, no way will the match be off, even side roads are virtually clear.

Have we come from behind to win in the league once this season?

No

Think coming from behind to win at bburn in the cup was the first time we'd won a game when trailing at half time for something like 50 games

What's the weather like up there? Any chance of it being called off?

No chance imo, roads are clear and the council workers have been out since 7am gritting and clearing ice pavements on the approaches to the ground. The bastards woke me up.

Shouldn't get so smashed you fall asleep on the pavement then.

:lol:

I fancy 3-0 to us.

Getting more and more nervous now. Hopefully Pardew gets the team selection right.

I don't care that much about the way we play today, we need a win. If it's like against Blackburn then so be it.

We have to be carefull because of their threat from counter attacks. Hope we'll get it right.

The high line issue worries me but I'm also bothered about our midfield in this game. Can see Ireland having a good game typically.

We need to have a proper go at their defence though, its not up to much imo. It'll be tight, I hope Ba can swing it for us or Cisse coming on for a 30 min run out second half to really inject some pace and clinical finishing when they might be tiring a bit.

Hope it's Perch and Guthrie in CM. Perch won us the game on Wednesday. Perch can do the Tiote job of sitting back and be the holding midfielder - not as good, but still.

Guthrie is more suited to the playmaker role anyway.

Apart from that, I hope it's Jonas on the left and Ben Arfa on the right. I guess it'll be Ryan Taylor on the right again, though.

Your delusional mate. Perch won us the game? Are you serious?

We were up 1-0 without Perch and were worse with him on the pitch since hes utterly incapable of holding onto to the ball.

Honestly have no clue what Pardew will do with the team.

Pretty sure Cisse will be on the bench and the back four is obvious. Aside from that Guthrie and Jonas are the only certs to start that I can see, hope he's aggressive and picks an attacking team.

Hope it's Perch and Guthrie in CM. Perch won us the game on Wednesday. Perch can do the Tiote job of sitting back and be the holding midfielder - not as good, but still.

Apart from that, I hope it's Jonas on the left and Ben Arfa on the right. I guess it'll be Ryan Taylor on the right again, though.

We were up 1-0 without Perch and were worse with him on the pitch since hes utterly incapable of holding onto to the ball.

Seriously ? he never gave the ball away once.......

We were alot more solid in the second half when Perch came on, compared to first half where we where all over the place defensively and Blackburn was getting at us at will.....

I know none of us like Perch, but credit where its due he put in a solid performance and did exactly what was asked of him.

If Ben Arfa had been on the pitch instead of Perch we wouldn't have won.

Krul

Raylor    Williamson    Coloccini    Santon

HBA          Abeid          Guthrie      Jonas

Ba

Cisse

I want this!!

Perch did a good job the other day like.

Perch played well on Wednesday.

For his standards possibly, he nowhere near won us the match.

We weren't worse with him on the pitch. I'm no fan of his btw.