Newcastle United vs Aston Villa - 05/02/12 @ 1:30pm (Sky) - Pre-match thread

JH

I wouldn't read too much into the Ben Arfa thing. As Crumpy pointed out the other day, Pardew obviously just doesn't think we have enough steel in the midfield with both Tiote and Cabaye missing. Considering the performance at Blackburn, he's probably right.

It's very Allardyce way of thinking to me though. Make the opposition worry about you, not the other way round.

I like our bench though. Theres the tall plank (Shola), the brilliant striker (Cisse), the fast one (Obertan) and the creative genius (Ben Arfa). We can now adapt to different situations.

Without doubt, just hope we don't have much call to deploy the plank.

I for one will boo Stephen Ireland, little short of a disgrace his time here.

Is it not a bit small time to be booing a player we had on loan for a few months.

I for one will advocate Fenham Mag running on the pitch to attack him. Deserves every ounce of vitriol he gets imo. No better than the likes of Owen. Scum.

I wouldn't read too much into the Ben Arfa thing. As Crumpy pointed out the other day, Pardew obviously just doesn't think we have enough steel in the midfield with both Tiote and Cabaye missing. Considering the performance at Blackburn, he's probably right.

It's very Allardyce way of thinking to me though. Make the opposition worry about you, not the other way round.

In principle I agree, but as mentioned Blackburn are clearly a worse side than Villa and we allowed them an absolute shitload of chances. Pardew will feel he can't afford that with finishers like Darren Bent playing for the opposition.

Is it not a bit small time to be booing a player we had on loan for a few months.

I for one will advocate Fenham Mag running on the pitch to attack him. Deserves every ounce of vitriol he gets imo. No better than the likes of Owen. Scum.

I fancy Ireland to score today like.

Unless Ba can raise the performances of those around him (which he's very much capable of doing tbf) that line-up will struggle to retain possession IMO. Perch and Guthrie won't be able to move forward or progress the play, so they'll end up passing it back to the defence, who will blast it up.

Can only hope we abandon our insanely high line when defending. Agbonlahor will love it. (if he's playing).

But if he's not the last thing you want is for pressure around your box with Bent lurking

Are you taking the piss? :lol:

I'm almost expecting Cisse not to make it onto the pitch...  It's the Pardew way.

Cisse is his player. Much the way Obertan was his player. Ben Arfa was, is and ever will be Hughton's player.

Pards signed him?

Are you taking the piss? :lol:

:lol: :shifty:

And aye Tooj, wouldn't be surprised to see it.

Horrible feeling they will win. We dont have enough attacking midfielders and not enough pace apart from Ba, clear that tactics are long ball to Best and hope Ba gets knock downs, cisse wont come on imo it will be Shola, Gosling and Ben Arfa

0-2