Newcastle United vs Aston Villa - 05/02/12 @ 1:30pm (Sky) - Pre-match thread

JH

Krul

Simpson  Williamson  Coloccini  Santon

Obertan      Raylor        Guthrie        Jonas

HBA

Ba

The other Cisse went straight into the QPR team and scored on his debut. He won't have known his teammates or how they play. For the same reason I'd start Cisse upfront with Ba. It will give the crowd a lift from the start cheering on a new player, especially when that player is the new number 9.

Krul

Simpson  Williamson  Coloccini  Santon

Obertan      Raylor        Guthrie        Jonas

HBA

Ba

I'd swap Raylor, for Perch. I just think he's done a better job there than Taylor.

I'd be surprised if Obertan doesn't start on Sunday. He seems one of Pardew's fav's scored a good goal last night so should be brimming with confidence. Would love to see Cisse thrown in at the deep end, it didn't do his namesake too much harm last night. The biggest boost will be to see Ba back, surely Pardew won't be cautious with him? Yes they both maybe tired from a lot of travelling but I think they'll be more effective starting and having 60/70 minutes out of them rather than coming on as subs.

Amazingly this will be the first match we've played this season where we won the corresponding fixture last season.

eh ??

To simplify it for you we beat Villa at home last season. Out of the 23 games we've played so far we didn't win any of those corresponding fixtures last season. For example last season we drew our game at Blackburn so this is the first time this season that we're up against a team we beat in the same fixture in 10/11.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Amazingly this will be the first match we've played this season where we won the corresponding fixture last season.

so if we had this fixture list last season we would not have won a single match yet. Just goes to show yet again what a great job pardew has done. Sure he's been helped by the scouts finding gems but you still have to manage them well

eh ??

To simplify it for you we beat Villa at home last season. Out of the 23 games we've played so far we didn't win any of those corresponding fixtures last season. For example last season we drew our game at Blackburn so this is the first time this season that we're up against a team we beat in the same fixture in 10/11.

amazing- i understood the concept- just find it unbelievable :lol:

eh ??

Arsenal (h) - draw

Sunderland (a) - draw

Fulham (h) - draw

(QPR away - technically I suppose we did beat Birmingham away last season)

Villa (a) - lose

Blackburn (h) - lose

Wolves (a) - draw

Spurs (h) - draw

Wigan (h) - draw

Stoke (a) - lose

Everton (h) - lose

Man C (a) - lose

Man U (a) - lose

Chelsea (h) - draw

(Norwich away - we drew away at Blackpool)

(Swansea home - we beat West Ham at home)

West Brom (h) - draw

Bolton (a) - lose

Liverpool (a) - lose

Man U (h) - draw

(QPR home - we beat Birmingham at home)

Fulham (a) - lose

Blackburn (a) - draw

Villa (h) - won

:lol: that's fucking immense. Someone send that to nufc.com or something, class stat.