Footballing traditions

bowlingcrofty

I remember pretty much every match me and my mates played ending 20-19

Also, sneaking onto Darsley Park (before it became the training ground) to play on a decent surface once in a while

Agree about Mitre balls, they were always our ball of choice back in the day.

Yeah Mitre's were sound.

I had about six of those Nike balls with the three rings on. Got a Copa America one off Ebay. Still never kicked that one in anger; too pretty:

http://www.wldcup.com/pictures/wld2006/0606/pic261.jpg

My mate had Champ Man 97/98, when you didn't need the CD to play it after installation. He lost count of how many people had the game courtesy of his him :lol:

We always used to pile into my mate's house to play that. :D Would hate having to go to the toilet or anything cos everyone would mess with your team and you'd come back to find keepers up front etc.

Those Nike balls were shite whenever I played with them, too hard and overinflated. Grew up playing with a mate who had a legendary Mitre Ultimax from about 2001 that had a knack of connecting perfectly every time. Sadly now in the great ball bag in the sky.

Remember having hour long games on FIFA 94 on the Snes, where it would end up 23-18 or something.

Used to simulate all the Newcastle games on ISS and Pro Evo in the morning before leaving to the match.

When I'm pissed and theres nowt on telly, I stick Newcastle-Sunderland on FIFA and just watch them go at it.

My mate had Champ Man 97/98, when you didn't need the CD to play it after installation. He lost count of how many people had the game courtesy of his him :lol:

We always used to pile into my mate's house to play that. :D Would hate having to go to the toilet or anything cos everyone would mess with your team and you'd come back to find keepers up front etc.

Setting nicknames so they'd play keepers upfront of their own accord. :memelol:

Setting nicknames so they'd play keepers upfront of their own accord. :memelol:

You know it. :lol:

One tiny thing I miss with season ticket cards is the little number by the turnstiles saying what ticket number it was, and the accompanying worry if I'd only brought one out with me that I'd have the wrong one somehow.

Aye, I remember playing Actual Soccer too, and thinking it was THE SHIT! So techincal compared to other sims and it was just a beast.

ISS on the 64 was a corker aswell, commentary was so fucked up on that like.

Wasn't Kieron Dyer on the cover of TIF at some point too?

Guest Heneage

That was my first real exposure to football games.

Other than that my only tradition was buying match programmes from the newsagent.