Footballing traditions

bowlingcrofty

Writing the results of the game on the back of my metro ticket. Don't do that now as i have a Magpie Mover.

I miss the stadium looking like it used to :(

I used to love this song being played before the game too

heard that being played before man u am sure, first time i've heard it in a while mind.

First football game I had was actually Dino Dini's Soccer on the Mega Drive. Was almost impossible to play. Total shit.

Striker and Kick Off 2 for me. Joystick tastic.

The afore-posted Premier Manager 2 and Championship Manager Italia were me first manager games, used to cheat like fuck on the latter. Was always Milan and Parma, sold Parma's best players to Milan then quit. The same Milan who already were the best team in Europe :lol:

Been mentioned before but standing at matches. Those who haven't stood in the Leazes when it was the Leazes or the Gallowgate you have no idea what you've missed. The smell of the brewery has been mentioned, the cinder track, the peanuts and boiled sweets. Queuing at the turnstile wondering whether you'd get in, running to another turnstile when yours had closed. Running to Worswick St Bus Station after the game to make sure you'd get on the first bus.

Nostalgic, but all that was great. Towards the end of that time and when Keegan was playing, we played Charlton and it was on Motd, we were crap and it absolutely pissed down. We scored 2 late goals and the steam that came off the crowd was unbelievable, possibly the wettest I've ever been at a game.

Those times will never return.

Aye, I remember playing Actual Soccer too, and thinking it was THE s***! So techincal compared to other sims and it was just a beast.

ISS on the 64 was a corker aswell, commentary was so f***ed up on that like.

Wasn't Kieron Dyer on the cover of TIF at some point too?

:snod:

ISS98 was the best footy game ever back then.

Guest Kevlaar

Walking to the match when I lived with the parents in Fenham.

Down Fenham Hall Drive, and along Barrack Road. No other route. Would never get the bus. The walk always got me right up for it.

Walking to the match when I lived with the parents in Fenham.

Down Fenham Hall Drive, and along Barrack Road. No other route. Would never get the bus. The walk always got me right up for it.

We used to park at my grandparents on Nuns Moor for about 10 years. Exactly the same. Bit of jovial banter as you walked passed the away buses too.

David Backmen :lol:

Ah yes... just like Roberto Larcos. Or before him Brazil's finest: Allejo!

http://www.allejo.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/allejo-brasil-e-argentina.jpg