Favourite non-NUFC players to watch

ponsaelius

bellamy

:thup:

His performance against Man City in particular had me cursing Souness all over again, just love the absolute commitment and willingness to run himself into the ground - while having bundles of class about his play to boot. Massive arsehole, of course, but an outstanding footballer. He must be class to have on your team when he isn't berating you for misplacing passes to him.

bellamy

His performance against Man City in particular had me cursing Souness all over again, just love the absolute commitment and willingness to run himself into the ground - while having bundles of class about his play to boot. Massive arsehole, of course, but an outstanding footballer. He must be class to have on your team when he isn't berating you for misplacing passes to him.

For some reason he doesn't get on my tits when he's complaining all the time, just get the feeling that he wants to win so fucking bad. Compared to the likes of Keane, they are miles apart. Bellamy is the only person currently at Liverpool that I can stand, let alone like.

Some other players are Mata, Silva, Villa (especially when the three of them were at Valencia), Antonio Valencia, Yaya Toure and Modric.

bellamy

For some reason he doesn't get on my tits when he's complaining all the time, just get the feeling that he wants to win so fucking bad. Compared to the likes of Keane, they are miles apart. Bellamy is the only person currently at Liverpool that I can stand, let alone like.

Some other players are Mata, Silva, Villa (especially when the three of them were at Valencia), Antonio Valencia, Yaya Toure and Modric.

Yaya is a great shout, got a real soft-spot for powerhouses (racist?) in the middle of the park anyway but he's much more than that and is a huge, huge player in a pretty special Man City team - somewhat surprisingly, I'd suggest, when you look at the other names in the squad.

Valencia another one, just a real quality winger who still manages to be of massive value to Man Utd without the archetypal centre forwards for his type of deliveries. Thought the move was a strange one at the time when he jumped there from Wigan, but he's shown himself to be easily good enough despite the horrific injury he had. Would jizz myself if we had someone like that on our right-flank, especially with Ba and Cisse to aim at.

Was saying that myself while watching their game at the weekend, the thought has struck me a few times. He seems to be of a similar character to Nobby too, while also being a good enough footballer to adapt to right-back when required as well, plenty to like about him.

Alonso and Mascherano were great to watch for Liverpool as a partnership.

Masch at the time was the best DM in the world, did all the ugly stuff to perfection, then Alonso was just so stylish and composed on the ball, picking out pass after pass.

Nee Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta mind. :razz:

Valencia's crossing is just superb, and he's got the pace and technique to get loads of them in each game. Reminds me of a quicker Solano.

Solano was head and shoulders above Valencia as a footballer like.

Valencia is basically just a pure athlete, relies on strength and pace.  Solano had an incredible footballing brain and was just so much better on the ball.

Valencia's crossing is just superb, and he's got the pace and technique to get loads of them in each game. Reminds me of a quicker Solano.

Solano was head and shoulders above Valencia as a footballer like.

Valencia is basically just a pure athlete, relies on strength and pace.  Solano had an incredible footballing brain and was just so much better on the ball.

Disagree with just about every word in that post :lol: