Newcastle United 2 - 1 Aston Villa - 05/02/12 - post-match reaction from page 43

Dave

Guest hatem garrincha

Cisse crossed himself on the way off the pitch, doesn't this mean he's hristian not Muslim? Didn't think Muslims crossed themselves

In the pre-match interview he specifically referred to himself as a muslim I'm pretty sure. "We muslims believe God gives us..[/insert whatever it was here...].

He's muslim.

It was a muslim cross  :)

Guest hatem garrincha

Ramadan next year will be before the season starts, if I'm not mistaken. During pre-season actually

And the Acon date next year ?

Guest hatem garrincha

Ramadan next year will be before the season starts, if I'm not mistaken. During pre-season actually

No clue :( (I thought it was done every two years anyway?)

It will be odd-numbered starting from 2013 for not clashing with FIFA world cup

No clue :( (I thought it was done every two years anyway?)

It will be odd-numbered starting from 2013 for not clashing with FIFA world cup

Why didn't they do that in the first place? Seems obvious.

Guest pont-toon

bizarre substitution taking off nzogbia - thought he was causing us problems and had just set up Keane for the equaliser. Not that im complaining mind.

Guest Howaythetoon

He used the word "inshallah": he's a muslim + he did the sajda aswell with Demba when he scored the first goal

God willing. Mashallah!

He used the word "inshallah": he's a muslim + he did the sajda aswell with Demba when he scored the first goal

God willing. Mashallah!

hopefully he's one of those muslim athletes that doesn't fast on the day of action. (they then make it up on a later day.)

Darren Bent was being a right prick today, trying to put off Krul when he was trying to clear the ball.

Works though as he was forced to punt it high out his hands which should have favoured Lardy and Cuellar rather than kicking it off the floor at a lower trajectory.

Bent was rank today I thought, never realised how little he offers in general play. Glad Agbonlahor was missing as well mind.

I thought he was very good in the first half, finishing aside.

Some of his movement is very clever.