Newcastle United 2 - 1 Aston Villa - 05/02/12 - post-match reaction from page 43

Dave

Ramadan next year will be before the season starts, if I'm not mistaken. During pre-season actually

And the Acon date next year ?

No clue :( (I thought it was done every two years anyway?)

It's on next year as well so that it doesn't clash with the world cup the year after.

Guest neesy111

Bent was rank today I thought, never realised how little he offers in general play. Glad Agbonlahor was missing as well mind.

I thought he was very good in the first half, finishing aside.

Some of his movement is very clever.

This, maybe it's because I've had the displeasure of watching Best and Shola for the past month.

Guest neesy111

Getting sick of the same fans behind me in the Gallowgate end who 1/2 of the time sing about Sunderland.  Put your efforts into backing the team.  No wonder why they call us obsessed.

Bent's a brilliant goalscorer, fwiw.

Definitely - everytime he had the ball in and around our area, I was concerned. When he isn't scoring though, he offers nowt to the general play.

He just sits and waits for someone to pass to him so he can shoot. Like a better version of Michael Owen.

Olly Bernard translating for Cisse on MOTD. :aww:

With hilarious Geordie-French accent, an aal. Nice. :lol:

felt let down by olly. after papisto had been rattling on for 5mins he should have just translated "aye, he says it was canny"

Guest andyburn

Getting sick of the same fans behind me in the Gallowgate end who 1/2 of the time sing about Sunderland.  Put your efforts into backing the team.  No wonder why they call us obsessed.

I feel the same about "Geordie boot boys". Please.

As usual the MOTD highlights missed out a load of chances e.g. Perch's shot, Cisse's header straight at Given, Obertan's over the bar shot, etc. They didn't even discuss the challenge on Taylor or the fact that he was stretchered off!

They also did that old trick of showing something in the analysis that wasn't even in the highlights, this time with Cissé's other left foot volley that Given saved.

As usual the MOTD highlights missed out a load of chances e.g. Perch's shot, Cisse's header straight at Given, Obertan's over the bar shot, etc. They didn't even discuss the challenge on Taylor or the fact that he was stretchered off!

They also did that old trick of showing something in the analysis that wasn't even in the highlights, this time with Cissé's other left foot volley that Given saved.

And the header from Ba that nearly looped over Given and in.

many probably mentioned this around 3-30pm but i was surprised with villa second half. they really had the better of the back end of the first half, equalised and played well. you'd expect them to really come out at the start of the second half but instead it was like big fat sam had been in the changing room and they just lumped it in the hope bent may get something to fall to him. strange!

many probably mentioned this around 3-30pm but i was surprised with villa second half. they really had the better of the back end of the first half, equalised and played well. you'd expect them to really come out at the start of the second half but instead it was like big fat sam had been in the changing room and they just lumped it in the hope bent may get something to fall to him. strange!

Good point actually, I was pretty worried when they scored just before half time. McLeish didn't sound happy with them at all.