Newcastle United 2 - 1 Aston Villa - 05/02/12 - post-match reaction from page 43

Dave

Subbing Ireland & N'Zogbia was ridiculous. A good manager and Villa would be around 7th-8th imo.

Their first half performance going forward is the best I've seen from a visiting side this season. Absolutely rinsed us repeatedly with some slick passing football.

Agreed - their formation and interplay in the final third was absolutely spot on in the first half. It was like McLeish sent out a different 11 players in the second half.

Guest Howaythetoon

By the way I though N'Zogbia put in his usual selfishness headless chicken type of performance which was all too common when he was a Newcastle player especially towards the end. I'm pleased we didn't sign him back like. He even bottled a tackle with Simpson.

He's a very angry man.  Every time SKY cut to him he was screaming at his players for something.

Not the most encouraging manager, should just sack him imo.

Aye, I noticed that. Even at 0-0 when they were clearly playing the better stuff.

Guest VaVaVoom

MCcleish is a horrible manager, Ireland and N'Zogbia were causing us loads of trouble and he took one off at half time and replaced the other with Heskey..fucking hell..

That effectively cost them the game.

Although we did start turning the screw and played the ball alot better in the second half. We deserved the win imo.

Guest Howaythetoon

They are the weirdest side, they clearly have some good players and played some lovely stuff at times but for the vast majority of the second half they just hoofed it long in the hope we'd make a mistake or Bent would beat the offside trap. It is awful football and awful tactics. He really is a poor manager. He was clearly happy with 1-1 too. I really do feel sorry for the likes of Brummie, a decent lad and a good poster on here, having to put up with a manager like McLiesh in charge, he's basically their Souness.

Staggered by the crap many Villa fans are spewing out on their forums. "We should be smashing average teams like Newcastle" being a sample. Who the hell do they think they are ??? Barca ? Man Yoo they damned well are NOT

You'd think they were in Man City's position not where they are, and getting crowds bigger than ours on  par with Old Trafford and not the laughable attendances with big gaps they DO get, and have done since their glory days.

And funniest of all - this bunch are amongst the worst offenders in tagging US "delusional" ! (Rather like John Terry calling Rio Ferdinand "racist" !!!)  :whistle: :iamatwat:

Guest VaVaVoom

They are the weirdest side, they clearly have some good players and played some lovely stuff at times but for the vast majority of the second half they just hoofed it long in the hope we'd make a mistake or Bent would beat the offside trap. It is awful football and awful tactics. He really is a poor manager. He was clearly happy with 1-1 too. I really do feel sorry for the likes of Brummie, a decent lad and a good poster on here, having to put up with a manager like McLiesh in charge, he's basically their Souness.

Bang on.

Aye, it was almost like they were too expressive and attacking for his liking in the first half so he thought fuck that let's dour it up.

Played right in to our hands though and I don't particularly like Villa so keep it up son I say.

Also, is there a set of fans with a worse song repatoire than Villa?

Aye, it was almost like they were too expressive and attacking for his liking in the first half so he thought fuck that let's dour it up.

ireland was probably their best player....hauled off for disrespecting the gaffer.

To be honest they arguably have a better squad than we do. Should be doing much, much, much better than they are right now.

Think it's pretty obvious that the manager's incompetent/not a good fit

:serious: