Tottenham Hotspur Vs Newcastle United- 11/02/12 @ 5:30pm (ESPN) Pre-match thread

Fenham Mag

Very excited about this game, would be great if we could get something as it would keep us close to Chelsea and Arsenal even if they were to win. A loss is expected though, so won't be the end of the world. With the two Dembas though, there's always a good chance that we'll score a goal or two.

After watching them tonight at Anfield - no doubt their pace and Modric will cause us problems, but I keep saying the sheer fact we have Pap Cisse and Demba Ba will be our wildcard.  One or two Guthrie through balls to Cisse behind and we could well sneak an early goal.  I have to think King and Dawson will have a sleepless night or 2 knowing they have to face a Demba Ba who is scoring for fun at the moment and can score from nothing it seems. Look we did pretty damn well against them at home with their "pace" - who's to say we can't handle it again?

I'm buzzing for this one, counting down for it. No hiding from us man, lets have a right go at them.

Amazing goal, and Nicky Butt's finest hour. One of my favourite games of recent times, loved the needle the game had in it and the way we came out like a team that had been wronged in the second half. We always tend to play better when collectively fucked off about something.

In regards to this weekend, if we don't lose I'm going to start officially getting carried away. A draw would be a smashing result, especially if we take advantage of the break and the subsequent home fixtures after that. We can even WDL in every three games until the end of the season and we'll be there or thereabouts, like, and that's not especially good/bad form either way (typical mid-table stuff really).

From Pardew....

"We can go to Tottenham and let our hair down. We will have a go and if we get beat, we get beat."

bizarre thing to say. sounds like a lower league club going to play a top premier side in the cup.

Does Bale get played on the right now? Whichever flank it is, we should put Santon on him otherwise he'll destroy Simpson.

It'll be a respectable defeat for us.

he was going to destroy simpson and/or raylor up here earlier in the season.....he was shite.

Before our last game he had just 1 goal & nowt else in 6 games.

Since then he has 9 goals & 8 assists in 16 games & hasnt gone more than one game without doing one of either.

So different levels of form.

We should try to learn from the way pool kept him largely out of the game tonight.

My main hope is that King might not be able to play. He's absolutely outstanding, their most important player by some margin imo and while Dawson and Kaboul have improved immeasurably it makes a huge difference to Spurs when Ledley isn't fit. He struggles with two games in a week generally and if he doesn't make it we'll have a much better, albeit still very small, chance of taking something.

Realistically they're a fair bit stronger than us squad wise, would be class if we gave it a go and got somewhere though.

Guest Roger Kint

I don't think Liverpool kept him out of the game, he was just dreadful anytime he got the ball.

His awful finish near the end summed up his night, couple of times he didnt look at the races rather than Liverpool keeping him quiet.

My main hope is that King might not be able to play. He's absolutely outstanding, their most important player by some margin imo and while Dawson and Kaboul have improved immeasurably it makes a huge difference to Spurs when Ledley isn't fit. He struggles with two games in a week generally and if he doesn't make it we'll have a much better, albeit still very small, chance of taking something.

Realistically they're a fair bit stronger than us squad wise, would be class if we gave it a go and got somewhere though.

Monday night to Saturday evening is right on the limit of Ledley's recovery time ................ and that's assuming he didn't get a kick in the Liverpool game.  That said, Kaboul and Dawson aren't bad and most of the absentees from last night are expected to be fit.

A more important bearing on the game is both Tiote and Cabaye missing for you.  2-0 to Spurs is my guess.

What if King and Kaboul are out?

Ryan Nelsen! :lol:. We've got a chance lads

Eh? Nelson is a damn good cb when fit.

Wasn't his last game about 9 months ago? Anyway if it is him and Dawson against Ba and Cisse then our chances improve massively.

Guest kingdawson

What if King and Kaboul are out?

Ryan Nelsen! :lol:. We've got a chance lads

Eh? Nelson is a damn good cb when fit.

Wasn't his last game about 9 months ago? Anyway if it is him and Dawson against Ba and Cisse then our chances improve massively.

Well it isn't as both Kaboul and King should be ok but Nelsen imo is a damn good cb (when fit).