Tottenham Hotspur Vs Newcastle United- 11/02/12 @ 5:30pm (ESPN) Pre-match thread

Fenham Mag

the spoons outside liverpool street station is nice. be full of spurs fans though, be fine for a quiet one

It'll be rammed. Go to The Magpie on New Street or Woodin's Shades on the corner of Bishopsgate and Middlesex St. The White Hart on the corner of Bishopsgate and Liverpool Street is also decent, can't remember if it's open on Saturday.

sorry i meant quiet as in not with all the toon fans. should be ok round 12 shouldn't it? i'm working right by there atm the prices aren't bad, any of those ^ comparable? few places iv been to round here are >£4 for a pint :scared:

I'd go for:

Krul

Simpson - Willo - Colo - Santon

HBA - Perch - Guthrie - Jonas

Cisse - Ba

I think we'll that team, but with Obertan in place of HBA. If we're on our game we could get a decent result from this, but I think Spurs will have a bit too much for us in the centre of the park.

Pardew pretty much said in his press conference that Cisse and Ba are unlikely to start the game together.

I'd go for:

Krul

Cisse - Ba

I think we'll that team, but with Obertan in place of HBA. If we're on our game we could get a decent result from this, but I think Spurs will have a bit too much for us in the centre of the park.

Pardew pretty much said in his press conference that Cisse and Ba are unlikely to start the game together.

If that's the case, how about:

Krul

Simpson  Willo    Colo    Santon

Perch    Guthrie

Obertan          HBA        Jonas

Ba

Essentially the system we used at Fulham and Brighton, but with Jonas moving over to replace Best, Ben Arfa coming in behind Ba and Obertan playing on the right. Also means Pardew can use Obertan to double up on Bale when we defend if he doesn't trust Ben Arfa to do it.

the spoons outside liverpool street station is nice. be full of spurs fans though, be fine for a quiet one

It'll be rammed. Go to The Magpie on New Street or Woodin's Shades on the corner of Bishopsgate and Middlesex St. The White Hart on the corner of Bishopsgate and Liverpool Street is also decent, can't remember if it's open on Saturday.

sorry i meant quiet as in not with all the toon fans. should be ok round 12 shouldn't it? i'm working right by there atm the prices aren't bad, any of those ^ comparable? few places iv been to round here are >£4 for a pint :scared:

We're wondering where to drink before the match as well like, haven't made our mind up yet.  Our original plan was around Victoria because we work around there so we know it, and it's easy for us both to get there and then to Seven Sisters but I dunno.  Not that cheap around Victoria either.

I'd go for:

Krul

Cisse - Ba

If that's the case, how about:

Krul

Simpson  Willo    Colo    Santon

Perch    Guthrie

Obertan          HBA        Jonas

Ba

Essentially the system we used at Fulham and Brighton, but with Jonas moving over to replace Best, Ben Arfa coming in behind Ba and Obertan playing on the right. Also means Pardew can use Obertan to double up on Bale when we defend if he doesn't trust Ben Arfa to do it.

Ticks all my boxes. :thup:

I'd go for:

Krul

Cisse - Ba

What, seriously? Why?

We're wondering where to drink before the match as well like, haven't made our mind up yet.  Our original plan was around Victoria because we work around there so we know it, and it's easy for us both to get there and then to Seven Sisters but I dunno.  Not that cheap around Victoria either.

bit of a trek from 7 sisters which is why il be getting the overline to WHL. want to watch the man utd match somewhere, the sports bar at victoria station had occured to me, i was in there before brighton, not ideal for lpool st though.

sorry i meant quiet as in not with all the toon fans. should be ok round 12 shouldn't it? i'm working right by there atm the prices aren't bad, any of those ^ comparable? few places iv been to round here are >£4 for a pint

I've been past on a Saturday and it fills up with Spurs lot pretty early. Nowhere will be cheaper than the Spoons, but the Magpie is reasonable for ales which are usually pretty well-kept.  If you're into stuff like Peroni I'm finding most places round here are charging over £4 a pint now.

For cheap drinking in the town centre, try the Cock Tavern on Great Portland Street, it's 2 minutes walk from Oxford Circus- it's a Sam Smith so you can get a pint for under £3.

I'd go for:

Krul

Cisse - Ba

Seriously?

If we start with Obertan and Shola he's a fucking idiot, simple as that.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

2 Toon v Spurs games on ESPN Classics later today.

which ones?

11:30: Newcastle v Spurs 96/97

12:00: Spurs v Newcastle 07/08

What, seriously? Why?

No reason as such, though he did say they had some injury problems that morning (Thurs).

"Are you exited by the two Dembas playing together. Yeah I am... not sure about this game, but I am going forward."

Think he may go one up top, or it may just be pre match mind games of course.

/He totally has a man crush on the way Tottenham play and Bale in particular; Laughs at comparisons as we've "had to grind out a few recently".

VDV and Kaboul is out you say ? thats good meaning they are forced to play Modric further forward where isnt nowhere near as effective and Parker and Livermore in midfield which IMO we can match.....

Kaboul IMO is miles better than Dawson so thats good aswell, would have liked Lennon out aswell but Santon can deal with him  :D

Or are you pulling mind games, only for them all to start :hmm:

What, seriously? Why?

No reason as such, though he did say they had some injury problems that morning (Thurs).

"Are you exited by the two Dembas playing together. Yeah I am... not sure about this game, but I am going forward."

Think he may go one up top, or it may just be pre match mind games of course.

/He totally has a man crush on the way Tottenham play and Bale in particular; Laughs at comparisons as we've "had to grind out a few recently".

Maybe clutching at straws here I don't know, but he may just mean that he thinks they will have a tough game against Tottenham, and is therefor not as excited to see them as he would in a game that we are expected to dominate.

EDIT: Either way he would be mental to leave either out.

Guest kingdawson

Vdv, gallas, Kaboul and sandro are definitely out. Lennon and Defoe should be back though.

You reckon it will be Dawson and King at CB?

yep think so.