Tottenham 5 - 0 Newcastle United - 11/02/12 - post-bumrape discussion from p43

Dave

Put this one in the archives and move on, we're still 3 points clear of the Scousers and only 1 point behind 4th, knew this was coming like, totally expected a loss here but not quite so effortlessly!! Bring on Wolves, Tiote, Cabaye and if Pardew has half a brain HBA. Lets get that GD back.

Terrible performance, but people need to calm down. Spurs are a different class. Our GD wasn't going to help us with Arsenal, Chelsea, or Liverpool anyway. Just need to move on. Nowhere near as bad as some are making out.

But we can't even pass and hold on to the ball.

Terrible performance, but people need to calm down. Spurs are a different class. Our GD wasn't going to help us with Arsenal, Chelsea, or Liverpool anyway. Just need to move on. Nowhere near as bad as some are making out.

Nowhere near as bad as terrible? :lol:

Agree on Spurs btw. Streets ahead.

It was a fairly positive selection with two strikers and two wide men, but we weren't good enough to match them.

Ferguson's a very promising young player who did a decent job and should get more chances.

Colo seemed to lose heart, which you don't want to see in your captain.

I would seriously put ferguson left back n santon right n tell simpson just to f*** off basically, he is cost us quite a few games. Williamson has to be gone this summer also, unbelievably s*** in last 4-5 games.

Oh n Perch and Guthrie in centre does not f***ing work, creates to much space and they can't get close to the players. When Tiote and Cabaye plays they close down so quick and suffocate the space

Yep I would put Ferguson on the left and put Santon on the right. Simpson, I hope he's gone at the end of the season.

Shot ourselves in the foot with the tactics from the off, was always going to be disaster allowing them space.

Should have kept on doing what we have been doing all season, tried to defend deeper and counter attack. Going there and taking the game to them - without Cabaye and Tioté - was one of the most stupid game plans I've seen from a manager. Spurs are a very good side, but we're not as bad as the first half indicated today.

Reaction vs Wolves please.

Heard we were 3-0 down on the way home and couldn't face watching or listening to it after that.

Got away with it last couple of games, but guess this was always going to be a bridge too far without Cabaye and Tiote.

Spurs have a great team, the best I have seen play this season. They even have players waiting in the wings that would get in to our first team.

Got played off the park today. Hopefully the with his cockney spivs Ashley will get a bigger ribbing than our players did. I hope he finds time in the summer to spend some cash. After all we don't need a water bore this year.

f*** sake when everyone is back, raylor back at leftback?  Santon is not a bad shout for right wing.  his defensive positioning is not going to improve playing at rightback.

That leaves Simpson on the pitch so no.

We shouldn't over-react, but that was way beyond atrocious. Pardew was found out big time, the players even more so. Yes, a homer ref like this dick didn't help, but we were far worse than mere shite.

My Spurs friends bought me a ticket for this game, sadly I couldnt go as I'm off to Mumbai for a week. Not looking forward to seeing them next, what an awful way to lose. Clearly the summer will be about getting better defenders.

Loving the 'bum rape' in the thread title.  :lol: