Newcastle United vs Wolves - 25/2/12 @ 3pm

Skirge

Guest hatem garrincha

i can understand him playing that deep if we committed forward from elsewhere, say if ben arfa played week in wek out and jonas busted a gut to get in the box, neither condition fits though so theres no excuse. as i've commented elsewhere i'll bet we commit fewer players to get in the box than the vast majority of other teams.

Agree with that.

However, Cabaye's impressed me in his new position (which is a Pardew discovery  :) )

Krul

Santon  Williamson    Coloccini    Ferguson

Tiote        Cabaye          Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ba

Cisse

I agree with the team selection and formation apart from I'd have Raylor at LB over Ferguson. His delivery from set-pieces, his effort, performances and important goals throughout the season have been extremely important. I'm aware this limits Jonas' attacking threat but he'd be doing just the same amount of tracking back with Ferguson at left back because like Raylor, he looks far better at going forward and putting in a delivery than actually defending. I just don't think anyone can underestimate how important a player Raylor has been to us all season and he certainly doesn't deserve to be dropped.

A Ben Arfa - Santon wing looks suspect defensively to say the least as both are obviously attack-focused players. Matt Jarvis has had a poor season going by his previous standards but is still capable of exposing that sort of defensive negligence. However, the attacking threat that they can provide together against a shitty Wolves defence with no pace or any real brain is mouth-watering to say the least.

3-1.

anyone who hasnt got their tickets yet, from .com

See the lads for a

very good cause 

The good people at the Charlie Crowe Scanner Appeal currently have two pairs of seats available for our next home game against Wolves on Saturday week (25th).

These tickets - situated in Level 4 of the North West Corner - have been donated to the charity, who are looking to sell them on and to boost their worthy cause.

The face value of each ticket is £26 and bids for them of that amount or more can be registered by email until 5pm next Monday, February 20th. To place your bid, please email Appeal co-ordinator  [email protected]

The Charlie Crowe Scanner Appeal is raising funds to equip the Magnetic Resonance Centre in Newcastle with a new high-powered machine to aid research into Alzheimer's Disease and other conditions. Click below for details.

So after three interviews.

Warnock - gone to Leeds

Curbishley - turned them down

Bruce - turned them down

I'd hate to see the backup list.

So after three interviews.

Warnock - gone to Leeds

Curbishley - turned them down

Bruce - turned them down

I'd hate to see the backup list.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45057000/jpg/_45057360_kinnear_pa416.jpg

Krul

Santon  Williamson    Coloccini    Ferguson

Tiote        Cabaye          Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ba

Cisse

I agree with the team selection and formation apart from I'd have Raylor at LB over Ferguson. His delivery from set-pieces, his effort, performances and important goals throughout the season have been extremely important. I'm aware this limits Jonas' attacking threat but he'd be doing just the same amount of tracking back with Ferguson at left back because like Raylor, he looks far better at going forward and putting in a delivery than actually defending. I just don't think anyone can underestimate how important a player Raylor has been to us all season and he certainly doesn't deserve to be dropped.

A Ben Arfa - Santon wing looks suspect defensively to say the least as both are obviously attack-focused players. Matt Jarvis has had a poor season going by his previous standards but is still capable of exposing that sort of defensive negligence. However, the attacking threat that they can provide together against a shitty Wolves defence with no pace or any real brain is mouth-watering to say the least.

3-1.

I understand what you're saying, but as many have said post-our game, they can't be any more defensively suspect than Cabaye and Simpson. The amount of space BAE had for that first goal was criminal/hilarious (delete where applicable).

I wonder if they'll take a chance on Lee Clark.....

Didn't they say the post was not for a 'novice'? Not to be unfair to Clark, but in managerial terms he still is pretty green. Even with their first shortlist seemingly unavailable, doubt they'd renege on such a bold statement, so soon - more out of pride than anything else!