Rangers Newco

Decky

When i think of Celtic 'hard lads' kicking off at groups of Toon fans who were with their kids i can't help but wish the same fate for the hoops tbh.

Quite amazes me that some fans can be so monumentally moronic (or bigotted if the truth be told) in their saying Celtic fans are any less of a bag of dog turds than Rangers.

In fact, I'd just bet that Celtic are no more "honourably" run that Rangers at their worst.  They've just hid it better. There but for the grace of a competent auditor and all that.

They've not hid it that well, paedophiles.

When i think of Celtic 'hard lads' kicking off at groups of Toon fans who were with their kids i can't help but wish the same fate for the hoops tbh.

Quite amazes me that some fans can be so monumentally moronic (or bigotted if the truth be told) in their saying Celtic fans are any less of a bag of dog turds than Rangers.

In fact, I'd just bet that Celtic are no more "honourably" run that Rangers at their worst.  They've just hid it better. There but for the grace of a competent auditor and all that.

They've not hid it that well, paedophiles.

When I dared ro suggest to a Celtic fan they'd misbehaved when they came here I was basically flat out called a liar and told Celtic fans were welcome everywhere in the world and were famous for being the best behaved fans anywhere in the coutnry.

Prediction for today, the SPL clubs will postpone their vote until after the SFL one. In that situation the SFL should say they won't vote until the SPL do. This is an SPL problem and the SFL shouldn't back down to bullies trying to blackmail them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18702275

Headlined by this statement from Clyde FC:

Clyde FC statement

"The clear message portrayed is that Scottish Football is in a very dark place indeed and there is simply no good solution to what is now a structural problem that has gone beyond a one dimensional issue of where Rangers should play next season.

"No matter what happens now there is going to be enormous fallout across the Scottish game. Whether some good can be extracted from the impending mess will depend entirely on the SPL clubs, guided by the currently absent leadership of the SFA."

"There will be no winners. Any level of integrity for the sport will be lost by one outcome and financial collapse, we are told, will fall upon the SPL with the other.

"In summary, the SFA implication is that there will be no entry to the SPL. The SPL implication is that it therefore has to be SFL1 with a bit of restructure, or an SPL2 with the rest of the SFL cut adrift. There were no other options.

"Whilst Stewart Regan said that the SFA did not favour an SPL2, there was no equivalent abhorrence of that proposal as was attached to the proposal for a Newco in the SPL, leaving the implication that the door remains wide open for the SPL to secure their £16m with or without the SFL."

Surprised the SPL have actually voted today. That Clyde statement shows how morally corrupt Scottish football now is. Sickening. Still not heard anything from Berwick. The chairman was sunning it up in France yesterday and sent the ex-manager, of all people, to the meeting.

Merge with our English league.

Only way forward for them.

two problems with that...

1) UEFA stopped clubs applying to play outside their own countries a few years back.

2) we don't want them.

1) UEFA stopped clubs applying to play outside their own countries a few years back.

2) we don't want them.

3) they don't necessarily want us

2) we don't want them.

Oh I don't know. If we offered the Newco the chance to start in, say Division 2, I think they'd take our hands off.

2) we don't want them.

Oh I don't know. If we offered the Newco the chance to start in, say Division 2, I think they'd take our hands off.

When you say Division 2 do you mean the Championship or League 2? Rangers would struggle in the Championship.

Sorry, I meant League 2.

They wouldn't give a toss about struggling for a bit: with the opportunity for more money (especially via TV) plus the influx of Scottish fans just wanting to put one over the English, it would only be a matter of time before they made it to the Prem.

I don't understand why making Rangers start at the bottom is such a bad thing. Surely it's a shot in the arm of the lower divisions it has to play through?

What if people in the lower divisions have no interest in 17th century politics though?

I don't understand why making Rangers start at the bottom is such a bad thing. Surely it's a shot in the arm of the lower divisions it has to play through?

Nobody cares about the small clubs though. It's all about the SPL, and the TV deal they have with Sky could be in jeopardy if Rangers and Celtic aren't in the top flight together after next season.

Putting Rangers in Division 1 means they're all but guaranteed promotion to the SPL and then you've got the Old Firm together to keep Sky happy.