Rangers Newco

Decky

I'm not an expert on the Ibrox area, but I'm going to wager that it's not quite as desirable a location as Highbury...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's horrible, really horrible. A couple of blocks down from the ground is one of the few places in my life I realized I shouldn't be somewhere (just on the street) and  kept walking, pretending that I knew where I was going.

I'm not an expert on the Ibrox area, but I'm going to wager that it's not quite as desirable a location as Highbury.

Also, Arsenal had a new ground, this would be seen as wiping the old club out of existence and therefore subject to animosity from Rangers fans. In fact, you'd likely alienate a large chunk of your local market, whereas with Arsenal the opposite was true.

What would it matter if Rangers no longer existed?

I'm not an expert on the Ibrox area, but I'm going to wager that it's not quite as desirable a location as Highbury.

Also, Arsenal had a new ground, this would be seen as wiping the old club out of existence and therefore subject to animosity from Rangers fans. In fact, you'd likely alienate a large chunk of your local market, whereas with Arsenal the opposite was true.

Irrelevant to the point. He was questioning its suitability for development as part of it is listed. Clearly Highbury is a more desirable area than anywhere in Glasgow.

Irrelevant to the point. He was questioning its suitability for development as part of it is listed. Clearly Highbury is a more desirable area than anywhere in Glasgow.

That I am not disputing but millions can and will be spent anywhere and as long term investment can be recouped fairly easily.

Maybe Ibrox isn't located well for flashy apartments (though bare in mind it is set to be given millions of pounds of regeneration funding and investment) it is located well for other means. I mean if you can build a retail park in the middle of nowhere and still attract tenant then you can sure as hell build one in the middle of an area that is currently in use and attract tenants.

If nearby some house are bing built then I'm pretty sure the likes of Tesco's etc would be interested in taking some of the space on ground level as a convenience store, you would get people wanting somewhere to put their shops, upper floors could be split into offices, etc.

Games getting cancelled now.

Saints can reveal that R.S.C. Anderlecht will replace Glasgow Rangers in this year's Markus Liebherr Memorial Cup.

Saints have today revealed that Belgian champions R.S.C Anderlecht will replace Glasgow Rangers in this year's Markus Liebherr Memorial Cup, due to the well-publicised circumstances surrounding the Scottish side.

The decision has not been made lightly and has been reached with the integrity of the competition in mind, ensuring that the annual event will remain an extremely competitive experience with both Arsenal and Anderlecht bringing along a first team squad.

St Mary's is set to be an extremely popular destination this summer in the build up to the Club's first season back in the Premier League, and the opposition confirmed to take on Nigel Adkins' men in pre-season friendlies during July and August will certainly whet the appetite.

Fresh from hosting Arsenal and Anderlecht in the Markus Liebherr Memorial Cup on 14th July, Saints will welcome three teams in Ajax, Wolves and Udinese that are sure to further test their credentials as a top-flight side.

I honestly think this is the end for them.

No SPL place, not even applied for SFL.  They have no players and plenty of talk of no money to even pay any salaries.  Really cannot see them surviving this....

Watching a report on sky news today they will have 7 first team players left who are willing to move to the new co,

Looks like its going to be an awfull struggle just to get a team out,

How the mighty have fallen. :kasper:

Guest magpie99

They will and should be demoted to the scottish third division and will have to rely on free transfers, kids and cheap lower division signings to compete.

I reckon Ibrox will be virtually empty every week if this happens and they will finally end up going the same way as Gretna, Clydebank etc.

Good riddance as I still remember the "animals" from 69.

I can't really see the grounds diminishing that badly, I mean the grounds and fanbase they have now won't just disappear, it'll half I'd say. They will still have their loyal thousands who may just see the next 3 seasons as a waiting game before getting back to the top flight, similar to us when we went down. After a while we knew we'd be going back up and just enjoyed the ride. It'll be interesting to see what happens though should they fail to get promoted one of the times.

What would it matter if Rangers no longer existed?

As long as there is still a stadium, there is the opportunity for a club of some sorts to reform. Once you remove that, then the barriers to a resurrection are ten times what they were before.

"This is the same Rangers whose supporters threatened to torch our stadium and whose manager demanded that one of our directors was named over his involvement with an SFA judicial panel, which resulted in TV cameras camping outside his door and threats being made by various outlandish factions. We also had Sandy Jardine publicly calling for repercussions for those clubs who have not supported Rangers."Given that, how could I, as an individual, be expected to roll over and have my tummy tickled by some inducement to allow Rangers to come into the First Division. I gave my opinion to the board on Monday night and the board had a position which was not in any way different from my own.

"That does not mean, if and when there is a meeting of the SFL clubs and a vote, that the outcome will go the way we want it to go. I imagine some clubs will see some short-term advantage to be had.

"But if, long-term, you cheese off your season-ticket holders and supporters and backers, is it worth it? Do you sell your position for 30 pieces of silver for some short-term advantage or take the moral high ground?"

From the Raith Rovers Chairman and board.

"This is the same Rangers whose supporters threatened to torch our stadium and whose manager demanded that one of our directors was named over his involvement with an SFA judicial panel, which resulted in TV cameras camping outside his door and threats being made by various outlandish factions. We also had Sandy Jardine publicly calling for repercussions for those clubs who have not supported Rangers."Given that, how could I, as an individual, be expected to roll over and have my tummy tickled by some inducement to allow Rangers to come into the First Division. I gave my opinion to the board on Monday night and the board had a position which was not in any way different from my own.

"That does not mean, if and when there is a meeting of the SFL clubs and a vote, that the outcome will go the way we want it to go. I imagine some clubs will see some short-term advantage to be had.

"But if, long-term, you cheese off your season-ticket holders and supporters and backers, is it worth it? Do you sell your position for 30 pieces of silver for some short-term advantage or take the moral high ground?"

From the Raith Rovers Chairman and board.

Good on them.

every time i see the thread title pop up i literally think "good" right away, every time :lol:

So do I, I'm not even sure why! I've felt sorry for every other club that has gone under.

It's because Rangers are a vile, hateful club supported primarily by vile, hateful wankers.

I'd love to see them disappear forever, it'd ultimately end up hurting Celtic immensely too which can only be a good thing.

Nick Griffin has come out in Rangers defence on Twitter.

So now we have the most despicable, horrible, disgusting mutants in the world being backed by the most despicable, horrible, disgusting mutant in the world.