Newcastle vs Sunderland - Sunday 4th March 12:00pm

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Their response to 'Sunderland till half time' was 'Spurs Away'. Now unless I'm mistaken, all I could hear throughout the second half was the Newcastle fans continuous support (bar a few songs from Spurs) despite the humping.

And this shite comment coming from the same set of fans who during their defeat to West Brom on Saturday decided to, in their own words, 'when the 3rd went in everyone just had a party during the second half' downstairs in the concourse. Obviously it got some people wound up on RTG but it reads like most were in favour. Apparently after getting bored halfway through the second half, the majority were refused access back onto the stand and were sent out. Lots of videos (from during the second half) already on youtube...

Not sure if I want to watch this :lol: terrified.

Reckon we'll do them though, hopefully the atmosphere will be intense.

Possibly getting a new consumer unit at home at the weekend, I had to think twice about which day to arrange it for. :lol:

The last time the beat us in SJP was in 2000. Shearer missed 'that' penalty. Otherwise, they've only beaten us once in 11/12 years- that win in our relegation season their first home win against us in nearly 30 years. Clearly, their the bigger club.

Guest Brazilianbob

Only lost 3(?) times since the start of the PL, I think.

Yea but this is the first time they have had a decent manager!

I'm quite worried that our players are starting to believe they are a top 6 club and have stopped doing the things that got us there in the first place.

Their response to 'Sunderland till half time' was 'Spurs Away'. Now unless I'm mistaken, all I could hear throughout the second half was the Newcastle fans continuous support (bar a few songs from Spurs) despite the humping.

And this s**** comment coming from the same set of fans who during their defeat to West Brom on Saturday decided to, in their own words, 'when the 3rd went in everyone just had a party during the second half' downstairs in the concourse. Obviously it got some people wound up on RTG but it reads like most were in favour. Apparently after getting bored halfway through the second half, the majority were refused access back onto the stand and were sent out. Lots of videos (from during the second half) already on youtube...

Turn the sound off on that YouTube clip and open a different tab on yer browser and hit play on this link :lol:

And this s**** comment coming from the same set of fans who during their defeat to West Brom on Saturday decided to, in their own words, 'when the 3rd went in everyone just had a party during the second half' downstairs in the concourse. Obviously it got some people wound up on RTG but it reads like most were in favour. Apparently after getting bored halfway through the second half, the majority were refused access back onto the stand and were sent out. Lots of videos (from during the second half) already on youtube...

Turn the sound off on that YouTube clip and open a different tab on yer browser and hit play on this link :lol:

ha ha ha :)

What's keeping me hopeful is that we seem to be a 'big game side' this season. Games like mackems away, Spurs (home), Man Utd (home and away) were all big big testers for us and we rose to the occasion so I'm praying we continue that one Sunday.

One thing is for certain though, St James' must be an absolute bear-pit for the scum. There must be 50,000 Geordies baying for mackem blood and put every ounce of pressure possible on the referee to give us everything. This is what the major difference between the two legs are, that we always seem to have a more intimidating atmosphere- even now a lot of their players wont have experienced anything like this. If we even sense a sniff of weakness we must absolutely be blowing the house down. This goes from before kick-off to all the way through the game. Fucking howay!!

Alan Pardew prepares for the Tyne-Wear derby

by Lee Ryder, Evening ChronicleFeb 27 2012Comment (1) Recommend (1)

ALAN PARDEW'S troops were reeling after tossing away a two-goal lead against Wolves - but the Newcastle boss knows that this will be nothing compared to the wounds inflicted on Sunderland by their Black Country rivals West Bromwich Albion.

And Pardew today warned his side to be wary of the wounded animal in Sunday’s high-noon shoot-out with the Black Cats.

Pardew boasts an unbeaten record in the Tyne-Wear derby with a win and a draw, both picked up at the Stadium of Light.

However, the Toon boss goes into his first derby affair on Tyneside knowing that life could be equally as difficult on Sunday lunchtime.

He told the Chronicle today: “Sunderland have had a heavy result, and they’ll be coming here to put that right.

“We’ve had the disappointment of leading 2-0 and getting pegged back.

“Both teams look like they’re in good shape to have a bit of a ding dong.”

Sunderland now trail Newcastle by 10 points in the Premier League table with Martin O’Neill’s side suffering the third defeat of his short tenure.

United ended the weekend in sixth spot, and Pardew is still pleased with his team’s position with 12 games to go.

He said: “We’ve got a great points total, and it’s another point.

“Never underestimate a point in the Premier League.”

United picked up a few knocks in the 2-2 draw with Wolves, Demba Ba requiring lengthy treatment and Yohan Cabaye treading gingerly in the latter stages of the match.

But when asked if he foresees any injury trouble ahead of the derby, Pardew said: “I don’t think so. I don’t think there’s anything to worry about.”

Newcastle have not lost a derby game on Tyneside since Sunderland’s 2-1 victory in November 2000.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/02/27/alan-pardew-prepares-for-the-tyne-wear-derby-72703-30412594/#ixzz1na9SHHxx

Massive massive gamne. Probably one of the biggest derbys in recent seasons. Could well dictate which way each clubs season and immediate future goes.

If we lose, the pressure is piled on Pardew and our lot, I simply cant see us finishing in the top 6 or 7 if we lose. I think we'll collapse and shoot ourselves in the foot with regards to the remainder of the season, which of course would be heartbreaking. I'd take a draw without doubt right now like.

Easier for me to say, but...

I'm not sure why you're feeling quite so nervous about it. Yes, it's the derby, but I see no reason why you can't turn them over yet again.

In terms of derby form, you've consistently had the better of them for years.

In terms of recent league form, you could point to Spurs away and Wolves home; equally, you can point to Sunderland losing in the last minute vs Arsenal, and getting thumped by West Brom - a team who are hardly top 10 certainties.

I'd also note that for all this talk of O'Neill working miracles at Sunderland; they've only reduced the initial 15 point gap (when O'Neill took over) between them and you to 10 points. I'd suggest that will have them pretty peeved - despite going on a great run of form by their standards, they're still a long way back.

I think it was a 12 point gap when O'Neill was appointed.

Might have misread the table. Well then, even better in terms of showing that for all their supposedly great recent form, they've barely caught you up.

I'm mainly nervous because of the Pardew hate-a-thon that will break out on here if we get beat.

Tbh, I think that any manager would dent his popularity somewhat by losing to the mackems, not just Pardew. And also, why would you be more nervous about an online forum turning into a tirade of abuse against the manager rather than the fact that we've lost to our most bitter rivals and have to face those inbreds gloating for years about it? :lol:

I'm mainly nervous because of the Pardew hate-a-thon that will break out on here if we get beat.

Too many people are guided by the derby results. See Raylor/Shola. I know you're a fan but I think far too many people put an onus on it and read into it too  much. Pardew will get slaughtered if we lose and probably to unfair levels but I would like to think that level-headed supporters would also be frustrated with him if we don't put in a performance. The cracks in our play are showing far too much for a side that is putting out Cisse/Ba/Cabaye/Tiote/Santon/Colo/Krul and should be putting out Ben Arfa. To think we drew against Wolves at home after their managerial issues with those players at our disposal is very poor

Guest Haris Vuckic

I think it was a 12 point gap when O'Neill was appointed.

Might have misread the table. Well then, even better in terms of showing that for all their supposedly great recent form, they've barely caught you up.

You can never really predict a derby though, that's the problem.