Newcastle vs Sunderland - Sunday 4th March 12:00pm

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think it was a 12 point gap when O'Neill was appointed.

Might have misread the table. Well then, even better in terms of showing that for all their supposedly great recent form, they've barely caught you up.

You can never really predict a derby though, that's the problem.

When one team has only beaten the other 3 times in 20 years, and at their home ground only twice in over 50 years you can have a pretty good stab at it though....

I know what you mean, i just think we're better than them - we've got the better city, better history, better players and better fans. They're inferior to us and they know it, which is why they always drop their arses in the derby as the cruel reality hits them.

The only times they've beaten us in recent memory is when we've been in total disarray and even then it was only by the narrowest of margins. Only thing in their favour this time is the new manager effect, and given they've lost their last 2 league games by a cumulative score of 6-1 i think we can assume that's pretty much worn off.

At the end of the day they're only mackems - sad, pathetic mackems. We'll win this lads, absolutely no bother.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I know what you mean, i just think we're better than them - we've got the better city, better history, better players and better fans. They're inferior to us and they know it, which is why they always drop their arses in the derby as the cruel reality hits them.

The only times they've beaten us in recent memory is when we've been in total disarray and even then it was only by the narrowest of margins. Only thing in their favour this time is the new manager effect, and given they've lost their last 2 league games by a cumulative score of 6-1 i think we can assume that's pretty much worn off.

At the end of the day they're only mackems - sad, pathetic mackems. We'll win this lads, absolutely no bother.

We've lost our last two league games by an accumulative 7-2 if we are playing the aggregate game.

We've lost our last two league games by an accumulative 7-2 if we are playing the aggregate game.

I think thought he was making a point about the O'Neill honeymoon, not playing the aggregate game.

why is anyone bricking anything? we're better than them, we're at home and we have a brilliant record against them. our new striker has scored 2 in his first 3 games, our other striker has scored 16.

did you see the last two games? :lol:.

also, just think their exactly the sort of team we'll struggle against. organised, hard to break down, quick and good on the break.

I think Ashley should have a shitload of Sports Direct carrier bags to hand to the unwashed on the turnstiles, they are offering to do some free advertising for him. Imagine their little brains trying to process the fact they are being given the carrier bags by us.

:lol:

Guest Haris Vuckic

I think thought he was making a point about the O'Neill honeymoon, not playing the aggregate game.

Fair play, my other brain cell was playing catch.

why is anyone bricking anything? we're better than them, we're at home and we have a brilliant record against them. our new striker has scored 2 in his first 3 games, our other striker has scored 16.

also, just think their exactly the sort of team we'll struggle against. organised, hard to break down, quick and good on the break.

I did, and I'm far from happy with the way we're playing. However, I seriously doubt the ability of any Sunderland team to soak up pressure at St James' Park, which is exactly what they'll come to try and do.

May i remind you they were smashed 4-0 by West Brom at the weekend  :lol:

The problem against Wolves was how it is in every small game we are too lazy and relaxed and not as aggressive as we are in the big games.

That wont be a problem against Sunderland.

The collapses against Fulham and Wolves and a couple other games have been utterly disgraceful from a team of top-level sportsmen. I actually worry now when we score early, especially against small-time fodder like Sunderland.

Really going to miss Saylor in this game. Colo could achieve legend status if he leads us to victory and signs a new deal though. Ever the romantic notion.

I don't understand where people's optimism is from, form goes out of the window on derby day.

Because Sunderland are rubbish and that goes double whenever we play them and double their crapiness again whenever they play at SJP.

I don't understand where people's optimism is from, form goes out of the window on derby day.

and yet this game has gone very much with form over the past 30yrs or so. the twice they won up here they were the better team that season, the time they beat us down there it was close but we got relegated. we have such a good record over them in my lifetime because things HAVE went with form.

Guest WashyGeordie

Shola

Shola Shola Shola Shola

Shola Shola Shola Shola

Shola Shola

My team prediction.