Romain Amalfitano joins Dijon permanently for an undisclosed fee

stozo

Can we get a frenchie on here to give us the low down on him? I know someone described him a while back but i really have no idea what his best attributes are.

Or at least Ben Arfa's roadies do some research for us.

Guest je85

Ligue 2 expert Steve Wyss said the following when asked about the player:

“As the younger brother of OM’s Morgan, you can see that football class clearly runs in the family. In many ways, he is similar to his brother in that he’s a superb creative player, although perhaps not quite as versatile. He preferred position is sitting in the AMID hole behind the strikers, although he is also capable of playing a more deep lying playmaker role.

He is light on his feet and you can tell he has a high technique and skill level. Not so much of a goalscorer, or even someone who assists that often. His main strength is his excellent pass ability and vision is excellent.”

from an article on French Football Weekly, which I won't link as it includes videos of his play.

For info on French players we get linked with can't beat FFW. their podcast is not bad either.

Sounds like he has potential then, something to be worked with.

Wonder what he's like physically, he'll probably need to bulk up a touch for this league.

It's nice to think we will nuture his talent and see him develop into a very good footballer.

“As the younger brother of OM’s Morgan, you can see that football class clearly runs in the family. In many ways, he is similar to his brother in that he’s a superb creative player, although perhaps not quite as versatile. He preferred position is sitting in the AMID hole behind the strikers, although he is also capable of playing a more deep lying playmaker role.

He is light on his feet and you can tell he has a high technique and skill level. Not so much of a goalscorer, or even someone who assists that often. His main strength is his excellent pass ability and vision is excellent.”

from an article on French Football Weekly, which I won't link as it includes videos of his play.

For info on French players we get linked with can't beat FFW. their podcast is not bad either.

I am starting to see where the Arteta similarities are coming from now.... iam excited.

Second this, follow Andrew (@AGibneyftbl) on Twitter and he definitely knows his onions as does @tomwfootball.

Guest bimpy474

Sounds like a Modric "type" of player (LIKE)

The limited vids of him do lean toward a Modric type.

Second this, follow Andrew (@AGibneyftbl) on Twitter and he definitely knows his onions as does @tomwfootball.

Andrew Carruthers ‏@Andy_Carruthers

@tomwfootball have you seen much of the younger Amalfitano? Looks like he's signed for nufc.

Tom Williams ‏@tomwfootball

@Andy_Carruthers Afraid I've not seen him play, sorry.

Shite.

If he turns into half the player Arteta is, we will have done well.

Indeed, just happy that in style thats the type of player he is i feel we have sorely lacked a proper playmaker for a long time.

Eagerly anticipating seeing him in action although i dont expect him to break though straight away.

Very happy that the management seem to know what we need and acting upon it.

Guest je85

Andrew Carruthers ‏@Andy_Carruthers

@tomwfootball have you seen much of the younger Amalfitano? Looks like he's signed for nufc.

Tom Williams ‏@tomwfootball

@Andy_Carruthers Afraid I've not seen him play, sorry.

s****.

Good reply, I'm sure we'll have Lee Ryder spouting loads of shite about his playing style without watching him play.

Guest je85

Start thinking of salad jokes.

pre-season games against some decent opposition will lettuce see what he's really about.

We seem to accrue tonnes of good french players now.

Guest MrSundlofer

As a Ligue 2 player signing for a top team in PRL there is no pressure on him. No one expect him to make a major impact here (wich is good), but I have a feeling he will come good.

Welcome to Newcastle Amalfitano!

Guest sicko2ndbest

Only 13 pages for an unknown French player.... Poor effort keyboard warriors.... Where's the intel ? ;)