Romain Amalfitano joins Dijon permanently for an undisclosed fee

stozo

Could this be what these tweets are about?

Graeme Bailey ‏@SkyGraemeBailey

One of the first signings of the summer will be confirmed today...

I will stop teasing, it is one of the North East clubs - not a major shock! But a good one.

It's heskey to Sunderland.

I will stop teasing, it is one of the North East clubs - not a major shock! But a good one.

my thoughts straight away :lol:

Heskey and cuallar released .... o'neyul sets transfer window ablaze with ex-villa talent

Fuck Romain. If it's that I'd laugh my cock off.

Guest Phil K

No, just haven't a clue whats happening on Barnetta.

Wouldn't be the first time somethings happened and I knew sweet FA about it all !  ;D

Love this tho :-

"He was released from both Bayer Leverkusen and his Jesmond Hotel to sign for Newcastle United on a Free Transfer on the 23 May 2012,"

There is a fair few players who have come out of or spent a lot of their formative years in Ligue 2 (and lower) and gone on to play top level, some at a later age than this lad.

Ribery, Malouda, Drogba, Valbuena, Clichy, Koscielny, Gameiro, Papiss, Demba, Giroud, Keita etc just off top of my head. Plus probably many others who have at least become top flight players.

I'd say it's a far more common occurence than the same thing happening over here.

Guest MrSundlofer

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas

Expecting positive news on Amalfitano soon. No surprise there, been in the pipeline for a while but early squad strengthening from #nufc

deal done according to BBC

Newcastle have signed French midfielder Romain Amalfitano.

The 22-year-old will arrive on a free transfer after his contract with Stade de Reims expired.

Amalfitano, who helped the French club win promotion to Ligue 1, joins compatriots Yohan Cabaye and Hatem Ben Arfa at the Sports Direct Arena.

The Magpies, who finished fifth in the Premier League last season, will be looking to bolster the squad having qualified for the Europa League.

Amalfitano's older brother, Morgan, 27, plays for Marseille.

Manager Alan Pardew was rewarded for leading Newcastle to their highest placing in the top flight in eight years by winning the Barclays and League Managers' Association manager of the year awards.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18165334

deal done according to BBC

Newcastle have signed French midfielder Romain Amalfitano.

The 22-year-old will arrive on a free transfer after his contract with Stade de Reims expired.

Amalfitano, who helped the French club win promotion to Ligue 1, joins compatriots Yohan Cabaye and Hatem Ben Arfa at the Sports Direct Arena.

The Magpies, who finished fifth in the Premier League last season, will be looking to bolster the squad having qualified for the Europa League.

Amalfitano's older brother, Morgan, 27, plays for Marseille.

Manager Alan Pardew was rewarded for leading Newcastle to their highest placing in the top flight in eight years by winning the Barclays and League Managers' Association manager of the year awards.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18165334

BBC are almost as bad as clubcall these days.

Chowdrey just took the stories last night and at 8 this morning sticks it up under a definitive headline. Useless tosser.

What's good about this is that because of our transfer reputations, other clubs will be convinced he will become a world beater.

I just hope he settles in well and gets a few chances to impress.

Always look forward to new signings, vive la Newcastle.