Newcastle United vs Norwich - 18/3/12 @4pm (Live on Sky) - Pre-match thread

Stifler

So many people complaining about not seeing Ben Arfa often enough. Now he has his place, people have a pop at Pards (that has a good ring to it) about him 'dropping' an injured player. :lol:

lay off Pards ffs

There's nearly always at least one head-scratcher with his lineups though.  If Santon's been dropped due to form/tactics then this once again fits the bill.

If he has been dropped fdown to poor form why would it be a head scratcher? Good decision no? I think so.

Well I'm saying I don't agree with it.

I think it could be a diamond

Perch

Cabaye  Guthrie

Ben Arfa

With both Cabaye and Guthrie out of position? Please not. And, please please not Guthrie on the left wing....

That's pretty much nobody out of position. Diamond in my mind is = no wingers.

Guest VaVaVoom

Maybe we're matching Norwich's diamond midfield today?

Perch at the base of the diamond.

Cabaye and Guthrie either side.

Ben Arfa just behind Ba and Cisse?

Would actually make sense, worry is we havent played this system before and we have a player out of position in Jonas.

Time will tell.

Im still VERY confident of us getting a big win today!

Perch

Cabaye  Guthrie

Ben Arfa

With both Cabaye and Guthrie out of position? Please not. And, please please not Guthrie on the left wing....

Fair enough then. Thought you meant Guthrie LW and Cabaye RW.

Krul

Simpson - Willo - Colo - Jonas

Perch

Cabaye    Guthrie

Ben Arfa                            Ba

Cisse

?

That could well be the set up and, i think its looks canny actually.

Having said that though i reckon it is Perch at LB and Jonas in his normal LM position.

People still moanin when we are starting with Ben Arfa, Cisse and Ba....Get a fuckin grip man.

Santon has be ubershite recently. Cabaye and Ba both need to up their games today.

3-0 Ben Arfa, Cisse and Guthrie.

Like it actually. Santon Taylor and tiote in for willo, Simpson and perch and we could have our best team

Guest VaVaVoom

He has a knock. Protecting him ala Tiote.

The point is, there's a section of knobheads who will always find summat to complain about. Ben Arfa, Ba and Cisse are all starting. Have some bloody optimism.

:thup:

Exactly.

Really is pathetic how a growing number go on, on here.

Perch

Cabaye  Guthrie

Ben Arfa

Exactly, how can they be wingers if it's a diamond? I mean, seriously.

Guest VaVaVoom

Krul

Simpson - Willo - Colo - Jonas

Perch

Cabaye    Guthrie

Ben Arfa                            Ba

Cisse

?

That could well be the set up and, i think its looks canny actually.

Having said that though i reckon it is Perch at LB and Jonas in his normal LM position.

People still moanin when we are starting with Ben Arfa, Cisse and Ba....Get a fuckin grip man.

Santon has be ubershite recently. Cabaye and Ba both need to up their games today.

3-0 Ben Arfa, Cisse and Guthrie.

Like it actually. Santon Taylor and tiote in for willo, Simpson and perch and we could have our best team

Sounds good but still means dropping Jonas and that is something i would not want to see. His work ethic and ability to run with the ball in invaluable.

The thing is Norwich play a diamond, which allows them quite a bit of control inmidfield, which is why Pardew may be looking to match it.

Just wish it was Tiote at the base rather than Perch. I like Perch in midfield, but this is quite a bit more responsibility to be the base of the diamond.

If Jonas is left back that is REALLY odd, other than that I don't see what's too wrong. Maybe starting Santon but I don't know his situation. Looking at that bench its not hard to see why we would include someone even if they could only really manage 30 mins or whatever. We aren't exactly overflowing with options.