West Brom vs Newcastle United - 25/03/12 at 4pm (on SkySports)

Beren

I've decided to watch this game at home. My record for watching games in bars (Shark Club to be specific) has been, well, atrocious.

Never seen us lose in Shark Club actually lol.

I've only even seen us lose in there, that's how bad my record is! Had a decent record elsewhere though.

Howay Si come along, we're meeting at 3 and you know you want a cold blue moon to drink in the beer garden before the match ;)

Guest neesy111

Wouldnt mind seeing Guthrie playing today, he has been in really good form when playing recently.

Having flashbacks of his last performance at the Hawthorns. :scared:

To be fair, Guthrie's looked by distance our best central midfielder since the turn of the year.

To be fair, you're full of shit. Your hatred of Cabaye is pathetic.

Guthrie's been OK, nothing else.

Wouldnt mind seeing Guthrie playing today, he has been in really good form when playing recently.

To be fair, Guthrie's looked by distance our best central midfielder since the turn of the year.

To be fair, you're full of s***. Your hatred of Cabaye is pathetic.

He's exactly right, though.

Would not think so,  Only s*** about the ouseburn is the lack of football

That makes it better IMO.

Yeah unless you want to watch some football.  No harm though just short walk to quayside

No.

what guthries done is made me realise he's crap defensivly and off the ball and isn't good enough to carry for what he does on the ball.

Guest neesy111

WBA have been bit of a bogey team for us in recent times, when was the last time we won at the Hawthorns?

3-2.

We've shifted 18 goals in last 6 games against them. :(

I've decided to watch this game at home. My record for watching games in bars (Shark Club to be specific) has been, well, atrocious.

Never seen us lose in Shark Club actually lol.

I've only even seen us lose in there, that's how bad my record is! Had a decent record elsewhere though.

Howay Si come along, we're meeting at 3 and you know you want a cold blue moon to drink in the beer garden before the match ;)

I'm too scared haha. Will let yous know closer to the time.

No.

I'm no Guthrie fan but he's been better than Cabaye in 2012.

Guest neesy111

what guthries done is made me realise he's crap defensivly and off the ball and isn't good enough to carry for what he does on the ball.

This.  Being good on the ball is great if you dominate games, but his work off the ball is appalling.

No.

Can't you read? I just told you he hasn't.

No.

He clearly has, Cabaye has done nothing this year apart from score against Man U

No.

i never realised you were so shortsighted about the game, it's like you only take notice of a player when he has the ball. 99% of a central midfielders job is without the ball and thats where guthrie falls on his arse.

The truth is that neither of them have really done anything special but Cabaye seems to be judged by different standards. They're both good with the ball, Cabaye's pressing, work rate and tackling is significantly better though.

No.

He clearly has, Cabaye has done nothing this year apart from score against Man U

chasing down the ball for the opener v villa, the ball to cisse for his chip he should've had v norwich, working his bollocks off off the ball while guthrie waits for the ball to come to him.

Guthrie is shite defensively which is what you must compare our midfielders on because they dont create lol, we play with 2 DM's 2 CF'S and 2 Wingers which is why the play is so disjointed.

Guthrie might spread play well and pass nicely but quite frankly he isnt close to Cabaye when it comes to defensive work and he needs to do in our system currently.

Which is why its so important that in the summer that we buy a player that links between the attacking players and Tiote and Cabaye.

Guthrie has passed it better than Cabaye yes but Cabaye has been playing as a DM practically all year long which explains why hes tackle completion stats are so high ( only bettered by Fellaini).

Guest andrew

can't see a huge difference in guthrie and cabaye in 2012- not 'much better' or whatever half trolling statement it was.