West Brom 1 - 3 Newcastle United - 03/25/12 - Post match reaction from page 46

Mike

Its the way we played. It's been a very long time since we have played football like that.

Ben Arfa is unreal. I was sat watching in the pub with my mates and I said 'the only person I have seen dribble like that is', I then stopped because I didn't want people to know who I was going to compare him to.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Its the way we played. It's been a very long time since we have played football like that.

Ben Arfa is unreal. I was sat watching in the pub with my mates and I said 'the only person I have seen dribble like that is', I then stopped because I didn't want people to know who I was going to compare him to.

Messi :lol:

Absolutely mental. Didn't stop me thinking it though.

Really looking forward to seeing him play again.

Yesterday's result was coming (although even an optimist like myself couldn't forsee the first half carnage), that's why I couldn't understand the fuss following the Norwich game. We weren't great but we were a side without a win in four, it gave us the platform to go and perform like we did at West Brom.

got that sharpness back that was obviously missing earlier on in the season, just needs to add the consistency thats been missing throughout his career to become one of europes top players (i don't think that is going over the top)

Call me mental all you want but Ben Arfa isnt far behind Messi on a talent basis, what Messi has in favour above anyone else is work rate, mentality, decision making and coming through a wonderful enviroment that is La Masia and the wonderful players he has learnt from the age of 15 and younger in some ways.

If Messi wasnt at Barca and had a similar footballing upbringing to Ben Arfa iam certain he wouldnt be half the player he is.

Call me mental all you want but Ben Arfa isnt far behind Messi on a talent basis, what Messi has in favour above anyone else is work rate, mentality, decision making and coming through a wonderful enviroment that is La Masia and the wonderful players he has learnt from the age of 15 and younger in some ways.

If Messi wasnt at Barca and had a similar footballing upbringing to Ben Arfa iam certain he wouldnt be half the player he is.

Embarrassing.

ahahahahaha.

The second goal yesterday reminded me of that Rooney and Ronaldo counter-attacking goal that won goal of the season a few years ago. If it was a Sky 4 team that executed that counter-attack then it'd be getting so much more praise.

Guest mimifrench

What were your fans singing at the end of the match, if someone can tell me, please?

Could swear I heard something like "I wanna go home"... ??? :lol:

What were your fans singing at the end of the match, if someone can tell me, please?

At one point we were singing "Don't wanna go home, don't wanna go home...this is the best trip..i've ever been on"

At one point we were singing "Don't wanna go home, don't wanna go home...this is the best trip..i've ever been on"

:lol: I thought I'd heard it get altered but then just figured it was just my shit hearing.

Guest mimifrench

Thanks. Thought I heard something similar from your fans too when in Sunderland, more negative though...

Guest guinness_fiend

:lol:

I should explain what i meant.........

IMO Messi is the player he is today because of the La Masia footballing upbringing and having such a fantastic enviroment to support his talents from a very very young age.

It's not the talent that makes him the best its the talent combined with Workrate, decision marking, great attitude and understanding from coaches at La Masia learning from the best at a young age and all i mentioned above......

On a pure technical level i dont think he's leagues above everyone else and i include Ben Arfa in this its all these key things combined together that makes him the player he is.

When i said not half the player i meant without La Masia and the upbringing it gave him he wouldnt be half the player he is, not half the Ben Arfa is iam not that stupid :lol:

Late to post but I thought the performance showed two great performances. A first half of pace,skill and sublime counter attacking. Second half we ended with maybe 5 first choice players, but showed great resolve and determination to see it through. A team/squad that can show both those attributes will do very well.

HBA was simply superb 10/10, Tony Green,Gazza,Beardsleyesque. Jonas was excellent, Perch and Williamson (despite the horrible situation which led to their goal) were both very good. Looks like they're going to be vital in the next few games too so we need to be right behind them. In fact an excellent team performance in which everyone including the subs played their part.