Swansea City 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 06/04/12 - post-match reaction from pg 39

Dave

Krul - 6. Not much to do. More crap kicking.

Simpson - 6. Liability at times, particularly when Sinclair came on, but did alright on the whole.

Williamson - 8. Strong performance.

Perch - 8. Ditto. Times his tackles perfectly.

Santon - 7. Good game; vast improvement on Arsenal. Positioning was loads better.

Cabaye - 8. Great vision, great tenacity, great chasing down. One of his best of the season imo.

Tiote - 7. Thought he was good in the first half. Missed him at the start of the second.

Jonas - 5. Thought he held onto the ball too long and his passing was wayward. Not one of his best.

Ba - 4. Rubbish. Looks knackered/p*ssed off.

Cisse - 9. Absolutely sublime performance. He's almost as good a left-back as he is a finisher. That second goal - wow.

Ben Arfa - 7. Important player today. Provided relief for when we finally got possession. Dare say we wouldn't have won without him.

Pards - 9. Shouldn't have taken Cabaye off, but other than that, exemplary.

Jonas was superb. Especially seeing the game out towards the end.

Gameplan looked like it was taken right out of the Mourinho-Inter v Barca hand book.

Swansea are the most boring team i have watched all season.

If thats football you can have it i say......

That's the most boring piece of sh*t i have seen all season they use possession to stop the opposition not kill the opposition its possession-based catenaccio.

Would rather watch a team that passes the ball on the ground at pace and direct and have 20% less possession that hunk of shite you call " football"

Swansea can have thier possession, we will take the points.

Coleman and Sky man. Love seeing Rob Lee on there, you can tell he has Newcastle running through him, those cheeky little smiles.

Sky trying to stir the Ba thing up a bit, good to see Jonas saying the team want him to score.

Hats off to Pards, bang on tactics.

FWIW, Swansea have been brilliant this season. Rodgers has done phenomenally well there.

Tbh, while I agree he's done well, I'd question his stubbornness with how he has them playing. Yes, carpet football is nice to watch but you looked comfortable today. They have no plan B and plan A, just recently, has consistently not been working. They're a good side but not good enough to just cut through teams constantly. Obviously, looks great when it does work.

True, but with the players at his disposal I don't think they'll be able to produce that cutting edge at the end of their fantastic football. Well, at least not consistently. I think if Rodgers brought in new, better players that could play in his system it could be a different story.

Krul - 7 - Kept everything out, one hard save, everything else think was routine

Simpson - 7 - Pretty good performance, didn't hoof too much, but did maybe back off too much at times

Williamson - 8 - Another good game, never looked too much in danger even after getting the yellow

Perchinho - 8 - Solid.

Santon - 8 - Had a good game, hopefully can be more attacking against bolton

Tiote - 5 - Thought he looked a bit lost, maybe picked up injury early on (Raylor - 3 - invisible)

Gutierrez - 6 - Started badly but thought improved into second half when he started to retain ball better

Cabaye - 8 - freed of some defensive duties meant wasn't as ever present as often, but 2 great assists, the reason we won (gosling - didn't see enough)

HBA - 6 - First half wasn't doing much, second half improved and held the ball very well

Ba - 5 - Hope he's not discoraged and is patient, lost form, wants to be in the middle

Cisse - 9 - What can you say?

Guest Wally_McFool

My view as well. He worked his bollocks off for the team  :thup:

Cant understand  the stick Jonas gets off some people on here!

Guest exilim

My view as well. He worked his bollocks off for the team  :thup:

Cant understand  the stick Jonas gets off some people on here!

Same thoughts

I was a bit concerned at half time as well, out of our midfield and attack only Cabaye and Cisse turned up and we just couldn't keep the ball.

The gameplan was superb though so all credit to Pardew for that, if you've got a front 3 as good as ours you can afford to play like that. Fucking great result.

From the spurs glory-glory.co.uk forum.

http://tf-chalkboards.s3-website-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/images/06xsN.png

Basically passed across every inch of grass in the middle third. Good work.