Swansea City 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 06/04/12 - post-match reaction from pg 39

Dave

Cisse is no Kevin Phillips like.

One of the best English finishers in the last 10 years, along with Shearer and Rooney.

Still doing it at 38 years of age.

You might get to see him play for you again with mon in charge.

Wouldn't want it, so much hype and little deliverance would permanently damage his safc reputation when he retires.

:facepalm:

Also I understood the joke thanks.

you're welcome, but your avatar isn't. get that cunts picture away from my eyes please.

Cisse is no Kevin Phillips like.

One of the best English finishers in the last 10 years, along with Shearer and Rooney.

Still doing it at 38 years of age.

You might get to see him play for you again with mon in charge.

Wouldn't want it, so much hype and little deliverance would permanently damage his safc reputation when he retires.

:facepalm:

Also I understood the joke thanks.

Fair enough, I just wasn't sure. My last experience of Mackem posters on here was the inane ramblings of Wireside.

On the BBC interview Rodgers says that 'sometimes you've got to take your hand off' to a bit of quality. :lol:

think he got caught between holding his hands up and taking his hat off :lol: seemed a bit deluded about what they had threatened to me like.

Guest mimifrench

With your defense, you sometimes made Nathan Dyer look like Messi tbh... :lol:

Good surprise for me this Swansea team, played some enjoyable football but really useless in terms of end product though.

With your defense, you sometimes made Nathan Dyer look like Messi tbh... :lol:

Good surprise for me this Swansea team, played some enjoyable football but really useless in terms of end product though.

It was very strange, wasn't it? I think we were very wary of giving away a penalty. Even Tiote applied some restraint and didn't play rough with Dyer. He's so small and lightweight, that it was better to very gently crowd him out than to go through him and risk destroying the guy/being perceived to be dirty/concede a penalty. It was certainly weird, but the 'shepherding approach' worked for the most part thankfully.

Krul - 7 - Very assured when called upon

Simpson - 7 - Thought he was fairly solid

Williamson - 8 - Very good, not much got past him. Has been good for the last 3 games in my opinion (barring the obvious mistake in the West Brom game)

Perch - 8 - Same as Williamson, incredible really how much he's improved recently

Santon - 8 - Looked much better defensively. Didn't get forward at all but was obviously playing to our game plan and told not to take risks. Made some good interceptions

Tiote - 6 - Didn't really impose himself as much as I hoped he would against their midfield

Jonas - 7 - Worked his socks off as usual. Was guilty of giving the ball away a few times but was crucial for us in the last 20mins when he held the ball and won free kicks to take some pressure off

Cabaye - 8 - Two lovely assists and worked really hard to close down their options on the ball

Ba - 5 - Looked really short of confidence and his touch was just missing today. Really could do with a goal and hope he gets one on Monday because he deserves one for the effort he's put in recently

Cisse - 9 - Lethal. Unbelievable finish for the second.

Pardew - 8 - Got it spot on in the end. I was criticalin the 1st half because I thought we sat off too much after the goal and I was convinced that they would eventually create chances given how much of the ball they had. However they didn't and I've got to say that yet again he played it perfectly.

Swansea - 5 - I know they play nice passing football but it really doesn't go anywhere. I've only seen them live twice this season, at St James' and today, and to be honest they've been really poor both times. I think people get carried away calling them a great side because they always play the short ball and keep possession, that isn't what depicts a good side. A good side will play progressive passing football that has an aim and an end product. At St James' they essentially played possession football in their own half as a method of defending with absolutely no ambition whatsoever. I don't see that as great football, it actually just bores me and it was the same today. Maybe I've just caught them on two off days, I don't know, but if I was a Swansea fan I would like to see some sort of Plan B when it's obvious that Plan A isn't working, as that would have frustrated the hell out of me today. As those passing graphs show, 800-odd completed passes but virtually none within 25 yards of our goal. That to me signifies a team lacking in ideas. If they are to progress they desperately need some more flair players who will unlock defences. As it is though, Rodgers has done a great job to get them to this level. However, I think teams are maybe starting to figure out how to play against them and they won't get beyond their current level unless they get some better attacking players in.