Europa League or not?

SUPERTOON
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

well turning your nose up on a few competitions to concentrate on just two is not a bad thing.  could mean more chance of doing well in those campaigns.

lets be honest, whats the big deal about winning the fa cup or the carling cup, regardless of when we last won anything?

I hope you find out.

i know some of our fans are very insecure that they may get branded 'trophy virgins' but im not one of them.

i really couldn't care less about the fa cup or the league cup. almost every team field weakened sides. whats special about those trophies. its just carpet bagging. 

Don't have kids.

i know some of our fans are very insecure that they may get branded 'trophy virgins' but im not one of them.

i really couldn't care less about the fa cup or the league cup. almost every team field weakened sides. whats special about those trophies. its just carpet bagging. 

Don't have kids.

or if you do , have them support Chelsea or Man U.

this is not a wind-up,  i always thought most fans have accepeted this.  and it was only the older generation and older fans who still hold the fa cup as some kind of prestigious competition.  it use to be yes. it was prestigious with great tradition,. it WAS

i know you guys got that nostalgia, the imagery flooding back in your minds on the tv screen of the teams walking out of that corner and seeing the twin towers and all that.  the memories of teams walking up the steps to pick up that cup with the colour ribbons of the triumphant side and having royalties waiting up there to hand out the congratulations.

hey i remember all that stuff as well! but times have changed fellers. it really has.

Guest VaVaVoom

Getting into the Europa League will make NUFC more attractive to players and will help NUFC keep the players we want to keep. It would also stretch our squad. I think one of the reasons we've done so well this season is that we haven't had long cup runs in the Carling and FA cups. I imagine the squad players and youngsters would get more game time which will help with their development. We would need a bigger squad to cope with the number of fixtures. I think the pluses outweigh the minuses. Has being in Europe hurt or helped Stoke? They seem to be more or less where they usually are in the table.

Spot on.

It has been a remarkable season and getting into europe this season would be a fantastic achievment. Pardew clearly highlighting the pro's and con's but deep down you know he wants to be in europe next year. It would be one of his best acheivments in his managerial career and im sure he thinks our first team would be a strong force in the Europa League with a few additions.

It's progression, rapid progression when you think of its context within the last 5 years under. He obviously fancies the Champions League, saying we could attack next season without the pressures of the Europa League suggests it. Also explains why he's been so coy when talkin about where we want to finish.

You never know Alan, get it right and we could be in the CL year! Results can go our way and if we stay "on it" we could well push past Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal.

this is not a wind-up,  i always thought most fans have accepeted this.  and it was only the older generation and older fans who still hold the fa cup as some kind of prestigious competition.  it use to be yes. it was prestigious with great tradition,. it WAS

i know you guys got that nostalgia, the imagery flooding back in your minds on the tv screen of the teams walking out of that corner and seeing the twin towers and all that.  the memories of teams walking up the steps to pick up that cup with the colour ribbons of the triumphant side and having royalties waiting up there to hand out the congratulations.

hey i remember all that stuff as well! but times have changed fellers. it really has.

You are wrong, simple as that.

It would be quite funny being in it to poke fun at the mackems. From relegation and apparently destined for a Leeds-style slump in the lower-leagues to European football again within 3 years. A competition they'd give their left bollock to play in. Ha.

Oh shut up. I'm 23 and I live in another country and I would kill for us to win the FA Cup. Heck, winning the League Cup would be absolutely brilliant.

Calling the League Cup a micky mouse competition I can understand, I would fucking love us to win it like. I've never once met anyone who holds the same opinion as you regarding the FA Cup though, it's just complete horse shite, every word of that. It's more than likely a gay wind up though so this is the last i'll say on the matter.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44667000/jpg/_44667547_d23eb585-3fbd-414c-a94e-caf0c51dff86.jpg

shit etc

Guest michaelfoster

to help increase the profile of the club and attract new players - yes its worth it, shame it is not really worth it financially though.

you disagree fine, but explain to me, if the fa cup is so grand and special, why do mid table and top teams field weakened sides,  yes i can forgive the bottom teams who foresee themselves battling for survival who also field understrength sides.

Really do not understand some people on here like, every team should go out 100% to win every competative tournament, simple as. Even if we won the league cup next season it would be a great success.

Really do not understand some people on here like, every team should go out 100% to win every competative tournament, simple as. Even if we won the league cup next season it would be a great success.

because some of us live in reality,

field 100% of your top team for all four competition is unrealistic, somewhere has to give.

to help increase the profile of the club and attract new players - yes its worth it, shame it is not really worth it financially though.

We'll make a lot more money by being it you know :lol:

'Not financially worth it' ffs :lol:

Guest andrew

I think we'd do pretty well in this. the affect on league position is overrated too, we'll rotate a bit and probably see people like shola, gosling, leon playing in the qualifiers and group stage. After that I'd fancy us to progress pretty far. It's also extra games to enjoy and more fixtures to keep talking about- it's exciting and shows we're on themove.

also

:lol: :lol:

because some of us live in reality,

field 100% of your top team for all four competition is unrealistic, somewhere has to give.

I was not saying they should field the same team in all four competitions, i am saying they should give 100% in each, and should not be saying that because it is the FA cup/ league cup/ Europa league it doesnt matter as much as the league.

Guest michaelfoster

Each team taking part this term will collect a €640,000 (£527,000) participation bonus together with a match bonus of €60,000 (£50,000) for every match played in the group stage. They can add to this total minimum amount of €1m (£824,000) through a series of performance-related rewards, starting with €140,000 per win (£115,000) and €70,000 per draw (£57,000) in their group games.

By way of example, if a side wins all six of their group fixtures they will earn a total of €1.84m from the competition by Christmas.

Progress beyond that point will trigger further bonus payments worth: €200,000 for reaching the round of 32, €300,000 for the round of 16, €400,000 for the quarter-finals and €700,000 for the semi-finals.

The prize money for the clubs that go all the way to the final will be €3m for the eventual winner and €2m for the runner-up.

Each team taking part this term will collect a €640,000 participation bonus together with a match bonus of €60,000 for every match played in the group stage. They can add to this total minimum amount of €1m through a series of performance-related rewards, starting with €140,000 per win and €70,000 per draw in their group games.

By way of example, if a side wins all six of their group fixtures they will earn a total of €1.84m from the competition by Christmas.

Progress beyond that point will trigger further bonus payments worth: €200,000 for reaching the round of 32, €300,000 for the round of 16, €400,000 for the quarter-finals and €700,000 for the semi-finals.

The prize money for the clubs that go all the way to the final will be €3m for the eventual winner and €2m for the runner-up.

It does look shit like when you choose to ignore revenue brought in through televised games and global exposure.

Guest Wally_McFool

you disagree fine, but explain to me, if the fa cup is so grand and special, why do mid table and top teams field weakened sides,  yes i can forgive the bottom teams who foresee themselves battling for survival who also field understrength sides.

The FA Cup is the oldest knockout cup competition in the world with mountains of tradition and history.

If you dont think it's special, you are following the wrong sport.

Maybe you should be following Polo or Gymnastics instead of football.

Guest michaelfoster

£1.5m for winning all 6 group game

£165,000 for getting to last 32

£247,000 for getting to the last 16

£330,000 for getting to the QF

£577,000 for getting to the SF

£1.6m for the losing finalist

£2.4m for winners

Plus a max of £5.2m from TV revenue depending on how far you get in the competition

So basically £10.5m for winning,  the main exposure will be for new players, i voted yes fwiw.