Europa League or not?

SUPERTOON
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd rather not have our first team face the burden of this embarrassment of a tournament. It's only worth competing if you can expect to win it, otherwise there's little money, little prestige and will most likely result in us taking a step backwards next year as our league form suffers.

I'd rather not have our first team face the burden of this embarrassment of a tournament. It's only worth competing if you can expect to win it, otherwise there's little money, little prestige and will most likely result in us taking a step backwards next year as our league form suffers.

Suffers from what position?

Guest Wally_McFool

If Ashley  is keen about playing in Europe and shows it by investing in a squad big enough to compete in the league and in Europe great, if not, Pardew has a point that it might backfire in our faces.

Man City and Man United were barely in it, and were only there because they failed in the Champions League so that's hardly an argument against it. Liverpool are on the decline anyway. What damage has it done to Stoke?

well im suppose to say it can do more damage than good for your players, as they may  almost see the competition as a chore rather than a blessing

with our injury record and the size of the squad it may hinder us, as i have reservation on how committed the players would be when they're travelling far to some eastern block country to play a team no one knows about.

That may apply to the top clubs who are in Europe every year, but as things stand we're not one of them.

thats true i guess, i dont believe many of our players has the chance of experiencing champ league, although i think quite  afew have already played in europa league already.

i dont think there is too much wrong in europa league if we play full strength but field weakened sides for the FA an carling cup.

four competition is asking too much of us given our modest stength in depth.  i know some will frown upon putting out weakened sides in fa cup but im not one of them.

Embarrassment of a tournament. :lol: Hey, we're not going to win the PL any decade soon, why not drop to the Championship and give ourselves a chance of some more silverware, eh?

Pointless even watching football if this is your viewpoint like. We're not going to win the league next year anyway, pointless even competing in that.

I actually think we'd do well if we took it seriously.

Every half-decent side who takes it seriously does well there tbh. Taking it serious is the hardest part of it for some teams it seems at times.

I find it an embarrassment that any fan of a club that's not won a major top flight honour in over 40 years can turn their noses up at any competition tbh.

well turning your nose up on a few competitions to concentrate on just two is not a bad thing.  could mean more chance of doing well in those campaigns.

lets be honest, whats the big deal about winning the fa cup or the carling cup, regardless of when we last won anything?

:lol: :lol:

No point debating this tbh.

I find it an embarrassment that any fan of a club that's not won a major top flight honour in over 40 years can turn their noses up at any competition tbh.

well turning your nose up on a few competitions to concentrate on just two is not a bad thing.  could mean more chance of doing well in those campaigns.

lets be honest, whats the big deal about winning the fa cup or the carling cup, regardless of when we last won anything?

:pokerface:

Fucking hell.

About extra games: there's no reason why some of our players can't play 40+ games a season. We played 50+ last year and were fine. The quality is different, sure, but we also have a bigger squad. I think we have a lot of youngsters who would benefit from getting first team games at a higher level than L1 or the Championship.

So, you wouldn't celebrate out on the streets if we won an FA Cup? Interesting.

You can't be serious...... :jesuswept:

i know some of our fans are very insecure that they may get branded 'trophy virgins' but im not one of them.

i really couldn't care less about the fa cup or the league cup. almost every team field weakened sides. whats special about those trophies. its just carpet bagging.