Newcastle United 2 - 0 Bolton - 09/04/12 - post-match reaction from page 46

Beren

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

new tactics please, these ones aren't working

Thing is, we generally always look like this at home against the poor teams. We shouldn't be playing Perch, that's for sure.

Agreed. Not offering anywhere near enough defensively or offensively.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

That's HBA back to his former old of his first games for us this season. Selfish.

Not really. Bolton are compact around their 18 yard box. Long range efforts will be needed.

Yes, but he should be having the eye for the team member instead of the eye for the goal at times really.

He has been. If you get a chance to look at that play again look at what options he had. Ba and Cissé. Ba cut across him into the shooting lane. There wasn't a passing lane (outside of an audacious chip without the outside of foot over the defense to Ba). Cissé was also marked. Bolton are compact really right around their box. Passing lanes just aren't there.

Only options are long range efforts to force them to close down quickly (which will open them up and create passing lanes), or to go down the flanks and get a cross in (Bolton have 2 meathead CBs to contest those crosses).

Fair enough. If he scores or - as you say - opens up some space for the team members then it'll be allright.

It'll take a lapse in concentration on Bolton's part, or bit of magic to score as things are going.

Comfortable first half, but I don't think we'll hold out for the whole game. Offered absolutely nothing going forward though, Mark Davies needs to get in the game more.

I can't tell if he's talented, or is getting the Scott Parker effect of looking like a class player because he's surrounded by crap (West Ham last season).

He is talented, but quite inconsistent and needs to improve on his end product.

4-3-3

Push Cabaye further forward

Why the fuck has he changed it?

One reason: Demba Ba

very important to our chances of success imo

aye cabaye has been looking great recently in that role.

i don't think we've played too badly, it's just we're 20 yards deeper than we need to be if we want to consistently create chances. we can't advance our way up the pitch as neither forward really keeps possession, ben arfa's isolated and hugging the touch-line, cabaye's closer to colo than he is to ba and cisse etc.

the couple of times we've looked a bit better has been when Ben Arfa's pushed up and drifted centrally, if Cabaye was within passing distance we'd be able to craft some coherent attacks, instead he's usually to be found alongside santon or simpson. not sure why we've changed the system tbh, hasn't even benefitted Ba.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Calm your passions lads. Second half to go yet. This fucking place at times is like a fucking High School.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/avs/avatar_9207_1333812133.gif

time for changes- back to 4 3 3. Take off Ba and put Ferguson/Gosling on.

This doesn't make sense.  Take off Ba but go 4-3-3?

Ba is looking exhausted, whereas Fergie did really well in that system against Swansea. If Ba is still poor after 10 minutes, bring on the Shane.

I think we started with a flat 4-4-2, but switched it up a little bit after about 15 minutes. It still isn't the same formation we've seen for the last few weeks though. Can see why he changed it - we've been total gash this last couple of weeks.

:rolleyes:

4-3-3

Push Cabaye further forward

Why the f*** has he changed it?

One reason: Demba Ba

very important to our chances of success imo

They are not going to get behind us, they are playing Davies up on his own ffs

Lets push on

..........................Perch............................

.............Cabaye.................Jonas.............

HBA..................................................Ba

.............................Cisse..........................

This ! why the f*ck didnt we start with this for crying out loud  :tickedoff:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Comfortable first half, but I don't think we'll hold out for the whole game. Offered absolutely nothing going forward though, Mark Davies needs to get in the game more.

I can't tell if he's talented, or is getting the Scott Parker effect of looking like a class player because he's surrounded by crap (West Ham last season).

He is talented, but quite inconsistent and needs to improve on his end product.

Seems to have quick feet. Doesn't look like he should be able to dribble as well as he does.  :lol:

Everything's fine. The game will become stretched and deadly cisse, HBA or Ba will put one away. I don't think we played poorly, just didn't get the breaks and Bolton have been really motivated to get to every first ball. Up the tempo second half and get HBA on the ball as much as possible.

Definitely finishing 6th now. Cmon everton I suppose

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcgz3ugnqX1qb2s6uo1_500.png

nibble. Not even watching it

I think it's easy to blame the change in formation but our players will be tired and Bolton basically have 10 men behind the ball with the one up front just battling the defenders.

It hasn't been good but it's not that unexpected.