Newcastle United 2 - 0 Bolton - 09/04/12 - post-match reaction from page 46

Beren

Terrific result and what i'd call a 'professional performance'. We weren't brilliant but wore them down, and it was a piece of individual brilliance that opened up the game and won it for us. We can beat anyone with the players we have at the moment.

Amazing day.

Terrific result and what i'd call a 'professional performance'. We weren't brilliant but wore them down, and it was a piece of individual brilliance that opened up the game and won it for us. We can beat anyone with the players we have at the moment.

Amazing day.

Aye, first half wasn't too bad, just unimaginative and the fluidity we'd seen between the front four failing to gel.

It was the 2nd half that was more worrying, after a decent start Bolton had 3 really good chances to score and we couldn't have complained to find ourselves a goal down. so a bit lucky on that front (but then it's bolton we're talking about, they'll always need a number of opportunities to put in the net). good thing with the current side is you just need to keep it tight and competitive as there's a lot of end product and quality in the side, whereas you couldn't say that for many of our teams in the past decade.

GOALNewcastle 1-0 Bolton - Hatem Ben Arfa (73 mins)

Stop all the clocks. Turn off your phone. Hatem Ben Arfa has just scored a potential goal of the season here. I kid you not. The little Frenchman picks up the ball inside his own half, with his back to goal. He skips away from Sam Ricketts with a hell of a flick, turns and races in on goal. He beats Mark Davies, then bursts beyond two more defenders in one movement before slipping the ball into the corner. Just brilliant.

:lol: Pretty spot on. Such an awesome goal.

Amazing day.

:thup: Exactly. Just need to keep our heads for 90 mins and we should always have enough to get a goal.