Will we qualify for the Champions League? Sadly not...

Rich

I'm sorry for starting all this. Next time an idiot challenges me I will bite my tongue, promised..

You don't seem to have the maturity to make a valid case in all honestly, hence how Madras seems to have taken over whilst you stand on the sidelines celebrating some imaginary victory over the internet.

:lol:

Show me one post in this thread where I have said something that was factually, logically incorrect and deserving of the ridicule Ali gave me and you were laughing at and you will get your apology. In the meantime, I will consider your "i'm not taking the term "in our own hands" literally" statement as your admission that you were in way over your head.

I laughed at Ali's tongue in cheek comment, you clearly took it to heart and have been Picarding the fuck out of people left right and centre and just generally been going on like a bairn. Water off a ducks back and what not.

So to clarify, you are saying that a top 4 finish is mathematically out of our hands?

Top 4 is of course mathematically both in Spurs and our hands. Both can win the last 5 games, we can win every game 5-0 and Spurs can win every game 1-0. This scenario is also not useful at all since it's never happening. But it's still a mathematical chance.

Logically it's in Spurs hands. If they win their last 5 they get 4th.

Hans how can you not get the fact that it simply isn't in our hands right now? If we win all our games and so do Tottenham, then we finish on the same points. If they score more goals than us for each win, or even if we don't score enough to catch up their goal difference, then they will get 4th. This shows that factors external to our control (that Tottenham can maintain a superior goal difference and win all their games) would prevent us from getting 4th, and thus it isn't in our hands..

In our hands would be if we were 1 point ahead of them, or the goal difference so weighted in our favor that it would be simply improbable that another team could make up the difference, and only with a mathematical chance. Right now, it's in no-one's hands, but if Tottenham were to win all their remaining games by a 1-goal margin, they would have +24 goal difference. We would then have to win all our games, making up a 16 goal deficit in goal difference, 16/5 = 3.2 clear goals per game on average for all our remaining games, including Man City of course.

Can you see how this really isn't in our hands, not in Tottenham's, but in the realms of reality it's Tottenham's spot to lose?

Fair points Hawk.

From our point of view it's still very much in our own hands, we can effect the outcome by being better than Tottenham over the next 5 games, whether that comes down to points of GD. Tottenham can say the same, Chelsea can't.

From a completely literal point of view in which only 1 person/team can have it in their hands at any given time, then I agree, nobody mathematically has it in their hands at current, however in reality it is in Tottenhams hands to lose.

That's how I see it, i'm going to bed :lol:

Fair points Hawk.

From our point of view it's still very much in our own hands, we can effect the outcome by being better than Tottenham over the next 5 games, whether that comes down to points of GD. Tottenham can say the same, Chelsea can't.

From a completely literal point of view in which only 1 person/team can have it in their hands at any given time, then I agree, nobody mathematically has it in their hands at current, however in reality it is in Tottenhams hands to lose.

That's how I see it, i'm going to bed :lol:

:lol: Dear god.

Hans must be one of the few in the world with that weird understanding. "All in our hands" simply mean that it is all up to us, win all our games and there is nothing any other team can do to deny us our objective. With Tottenham being on the same points as us and having better goal difference, it is clearly not in our hands as we need to rely on them either dropping points or not winning as big as we do to such an extent that we can catch up on the goal difference. Gosh and I'm not even English!

My brain is starting to melt, everyone is right?

Unbelievable is right. Finishing 4th is not in our hands, nor is it in Spurs hands because currently our final standings are reliant on the results of the others. It really shouldn't be that difficult to grasp.

This. Poor Unbelievable, being ridiculed for being right :lol:

Can't believe Gupter got this so epically wrong, it's on a scale of hundreds of billions. :shifty:

To bring back the magic to this thread again I post this again :)

________

I´m totally buzzing and just can´t wait for the weekend :cheesy: But at the same time I´m freaking nervous about our game :lol:

One thing for sure. I´m totally living the dream :)