The other games today - 2011/12

Beren

Just heard the Man U score. Villa are s***. I bet they didn't even try.

Wouldn't it be sweet justice if Villa went down and we qualified for the Champions League a bare 3 seasons after their fans plumbed the depths in mocking us as we went down ?

I know I'd be on their forums in a flash !  ;) O0

Villa aren't going down.

Looking at the replays the ball is pretty close to crossing the line. Have a look where Ekkoto's foot is when he kicks the ball and where it finishes. His leg is bent when he makes contact with the ball, then extends his leg and it is short of the goal line. I still think it isnt over the line but its close.

It's a foot away ffs.

It really isnt, and ITV's virtual mockup thing is way off.

It doesn't even touch the line!

Seriously, have a look at a replay with an open mind. Ekoto is well behind the line and his clearing foot is always behind it. For the ball to have hit that foot then at least half of the ball must have been over.

Guest neesy111

Looking at the replays the ball is pretty close to crossing the line. Have a look where Ekkoto's foot is when he kicks the ball and where it finishes. His leg is bent when he makes contact with the ball, then extends his leg and it is short of the goal line. I still think it isnt over the line but its close.

It's a foot away ffs.

Seriously, have a look at a replay with an open mind. Ekoto is well behind the line and his clearing foot is always behind it. For the ball to have hit that foot then at least half of the ball must have been over.

ITV have used technology to get that mock-up, you're going off some opinion you have.

Here's an idea, go to specsavers.

It's a foot away ffs.

ITV have used technology to get that mock-up, you're going off some opinion you have.

Ha Ha thats the worst argument I have ever heard, "ITV are my proof"

Look at the footage from behind the goal and explain how Ekoto could have touched the ball if it wasnt at least partly over the line

Just heard the Man U score. Villa are s***. I bet they didn't even try.

:thup:

McLeish might as well send them out with skirts on ffs.

His managerial strategy seems to be based around giving the players a tub of Vaseline and saying don't worry it'll all be over soon.

No idea about what technology ITV use but their mock-up looks absolute s****- hope if we do have goalline technology they have something better than a 3D Subbuteo set :lol:

Dont be taking the piss out of Neesy and his subbuteo set....

It's a foot away ffs.

Ha Ha thats the worst argument I have ever heard, "ITV are my proof"

Almost as bad as trusting the opinion of someone hundreds of miles away watching it on the telly :lol:

It's a foot away ffs.

Kenny? Is that you?

Using that ITV mock up as proof is a bit of a joke though.  The left foot that he clears the ball with is dead on the line and is the definition of a perfect last ditch clearance.  ITV have the ball being a foot away from the line.  Unless he's wearing some highly illegal boots with foot long studs they've just made it up themselves.

It almost makes you miss Sky and thier cameras everywhere approach to coverage.

Shocking decision, but not sure Spurs can really claim it changed the game given their late collapse.

Heh?

seen moaning from some of their fans on facebook and twitter that it changed the game.  Not buying it.

How did it not change the game for fuck's sake? Happened when it was 1-0, and Spurs' goal would have been an equalizer.

If it happened at 4-0 then fair enough, but to claim it didn't change the game because they collapsed later on in the game is idiotic if you ask me.