The other games today - 2011/12

Beren

The way Lee Dixon was justifying that was pathetic, it was a dive all day long and he didn't have the balls to speak the truth

Fergie is also such a turd for coming out with nonsense like there was contact and also now all you hear from fans when it comes to justifying blatant dives is "there was contact"

and how thick is the referee to fall for Ashley Young's dive, the guy has been doing it for years and he doesn't even do it well, it is so blatant yet he manages to get away with it, crazy

Guest magpie99

Interesting article by Wenger in todays Sun about the influx of foreigners being responsible for the diving culture now affecting british players, how they have caught on and how ot wasnt loke this when he arrived in the country to manage Arsenal. He talks a lot of sense.

Something needs to be done now to help refs and linesmen because more aznd more mistakes are being made. Just recently, we havde had the two obviois simulations by Young, the second "goal" in the Chelsea/Spurs semi and the other matter at Blackburn the pther night regasrding Brad Jones. I cant understand how the ref can send off Doni for one penalty whilst not sending off Joners for the other.

If anyone was watching the Celtic/Hearts semi yesterday, the decision by the ref to award a penalty to Hearts for a shot blasted at Ledley from 2 yards where there was no intention to handball and a minute later, award nothing to Celtic when the exact same thing occurred, was double ridiculous. No wonder Lennon was doing hs nut.

IMO, the solution ois obvious. Where there is a major dec ision to be made, like a penalty, officials unsure whether the ball crfossed the line, simulation or sending offs, the 4th official on the line who is wired up to the onfield officials and has access to TV replays, shou;d be able to review contentious situations and immediately advise the onfield official or the error. There would be minimal disruption to the game and I am sure it would make matters easier for players, officials and managers alike. it works in other sports, why not football.

I also think that any player caught diving or cheating should be immediately red carded. I am sure the likes of Ashley "dispicable" Young and Andy Carroll would certainmly maintain their "balance" in the area.

Celtic's goal was offside yesterday, something Lennon and Alan Thompson completely brushed over.

Not a chance that they were going to admit it was. It's all about him and the conspiracy against him!

Interesting article by Wenger in todays Sun about the influx of foreigners being responsible for the diving culture now affecting british players, how they have caught on and how ot wasnt loke this when he arrived in the country to manage Arsenal. He talks a lot of sense.

Something needs to be done now to help refs and linesmen because more aznd more mistakes are being made. Just recently, we havde had the two obviois simulations by Young, the second "goal" in the Chelsea/Spurs semi and the other matter at Blackburn the pther night regasrding Brad Jones. I cant understand how the ref can send off Doni for one penalty whilst not sending off Joners for the other.

If anyone was watching the Celtic/Hearts semi yesterday, the decision by the ref to award a penalty to Hearts for a shot blasted at Ledley from 2 yards where there was no intention to handball and a minute later, award nothing to Celtic when the exact same thing occurred, was double ridiculous. No wonder Lennon was doing hs nut.

IMO, the solution ois obvious. Where there is a major dec ision to be made, like a penalty, officials unsure whether the ball crfossed the line, simulation or sending offs, the 4th official on the line who is wired up to the onfield officials and has access to TV replays, shou;d be able to review contentious situations and immediately advise the onfield official or the error. There would be minimal disruption to the game and I am sure it would make matters easier for players, officials and managers alike. it works in other sports, why not football.

I also think that any player caught diving or cheating should be immediately red carded. I am sure the likes of Ashley "dispicable" Young and Andy Carroll would certainmly maintain their "balance" in the area.

The problem with the fourth official reviewing footage is that often there is still subjectivity in making the decision. As an example yesterday's dive by Young wasn't a penalty as he was looking for contact, but others would claim the sole fact there was contact was enough to award a penalty. As for goal line technology, I think reviewing footage will not always allow for non-debatable decisions; what's needed is an objective system like what has been implemented in tennis, maybe with a chip in the centre of the ball. Even then, depending on footage is problematic in itself, as the accuracy of the decision also depends on the angle(s) available, which are not consistent throughout the football league.

What I would like to see however, apart from objective goal line technology, is the possibility for appeal and retrospective banning for cheating and violent behavior. Something needs to be done, that much is clear.

Looking at the replays the ball is pretty close to crossing the line. Have a look where Ekkoto's foot is when he kicks the ball and where it finishes. His leg is bent when he makes contact with the ball, then extends his leg and it is short of the goal line. I still think it isnt over the line but its close.

It's a foot away ffs.

It really isnt, and ITV's virtual mockup thing is way off.

Looking at the replays the ball is pretty close to crossing the line. Have a look where Ekkoto's foot is when he kicks the ball and where it finishes. His leg is bent when he makes contact with the ball, then extends his leg and it is short of the goal line. I still think it isnt over the line but its close.

It's a foot away ffs.

It really isnt, and ITV's virtual mockup thing is way off.

It doesn't even touch the line!

Seriously, have a look at a replay with an open mind. Ekoto is well behind the line and his clearing foot is always behind it. For the ball to have hit that foot then at least half of the ball must have been over.

ITV have used technology to get that mock-up, you're going off some opinion you have.

Here's an idea, go to specsavers.

http://p.twimg.com/AqjI3x5CQAAjCxi.jpg

But hang on..... Neesy saw a virtual thing on ITV and it was at foot the other side of the line. ITV cant be wrong can they Neesy?

All started when Francesco Lee came over