The other games today - 2011/12

Beren

Utaka at the double to win Montpellier the title?

The revitilisation of his career this past season has been one of the more absurd things I can remember. He was unbelievably terrible in England and for his country the past four or five seasons.

Also, obvious congratulations to Montpellier. They've fully deserved it and I thank them for keeping out of Paris for another year.

5 different winners in 5 seasons. Great league

You've forgotten what happened the seven years prior? :lol:

In all honesty the league has always been extremely competitive, even then. The biggest game in Dijon's history today, and Rennes completely eviscerated them, 5-0. They are going down along with Caen.

In all honesty the league has always been extremely competitive, even then. The biggest game in Dijon's history today, and Rennes completely eviscerated them, 5-0. They are going down along with Caen.

metz relegated to the third tier aswell.

:lol: Yeah, if you go from 1993 (when the CL and all the money came in) Ligue 1 comfortably beats out all the other major leagues for competitiveness. 9 different winners despite Lyon's spell.

Ligue 2 is a very compeitive division too. It will be good to see Reims in the top flight considering their history.

metz relegated to the third tier aswell.

My old French teacher was a Metz fan. He'll be gutted, last time I spoke to him Franck Ribery was on their books.

Former club of Papisto and IIRC we signed Bassong from them?

:lol: Yeah, if you go from 1993 (when the CL and all the money came in) Ligue 1 comfortably beats out all the other major leagues for competitiveness. 9 different winners despite Lyon's spell.

Ligue 2 is a very compeitive division too. It will be good to see Reims in the top flight considering their history.

Aye that's good especially for Europe. Can't think of many that can compare to that off the top of my head.

Despite the often lack of quality and associated issues it's one of the reasons I enjoy following 2 big South American leagues. Brazilian league has had 16 winners since it's inception in '71, Argie league has had 8 or 9 winners in the last 10. Colombia is similar too IIRC saying that Chile is pretty much a closed shop and Uruguay is worse than Scotland.

i wonder what will happen in the next 5 ?

Unfortunately I can see...

2013 - PSG

2014 - PSG

2015 - PSG

and so on.

As with the Premier Legue and Man City.