Flash in the pan or here for good?

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

what's that catch 22 mackem logic from rtg again?  don't qualify for europe this season as it'll impede the challenge for europe next season?

:lol:

yep its all about the next level man.

Guest BooBoo

A domestic cup run would be great to be involved in as our performances in both League and FA Cups in the last six or so years has been dreadful.

Guest palnese

The FA-Cup.

I always dreamt about winning the FA-Cup as a nipper (Still do, mind) . Can't say I've ever done the same about the Europa League/UEFA Cup.

Guest firetotheworks

Definitely Europa. Mainly because we'd be a much better team than we'd have to be to win the FA cup imo.

Europa definitely. Would be nice to be travelling all over Europe to watch us play :aww:

Do the Europa winners automatically qualify for next seasons competition as well?

Guest BooBoo

I think with a lucky draw you still have a great chance of getting to Wembley. Hell we did it 3 years out of 4.

Middlesboro notwithstanding, it's far more difficult to get far in the Europa without being a really top side.

I quite fancy getting to a league cup semi. Have we EVER done that? Certainly not in my lifetime.

My main desire is enjoying going to the away game. The disappointment of relegation was gotten over pretty quickly when looking at the team we were gunna play. I cant bloody wait for next season

Europa. The English domestic cups are pretty much jokes now bar being a back alley into Europe. Damn shame though, FA Cup used to be great.

I'm sure I read this season as a record for FA Cup attendances and no teams were really putting out stupid reserve teams from what I can remember.  I'd absolutely love to win the FA Cup tbh, think it would be amazing.

• 2 months later...

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/07/12/newcastle-manager-dampens-down-expectations-72703-31377457/

If we improve and these guys get another year under their belts together, there's no reason why we can't do the same - if not better. I don't want to raise unexpected expectations. I think our fans would honestly accept eighth, though I don't think they'd want us to finish lower. That would be a decent season, but wouldn't it be great if we could get in the top four, so that's where we've got to aim. Where we fall will probably depend on injuries, form and a little bit of luck.

Thoughts?