Best 11 youve seen in flesh

aussiemag

Nigh on impossible to do this and i've been mulling it over all day. Totally forgot i'd seen Zidane play until i read through this thread.

I think it would be easier to pick my own favourite XI, but even that's too hard. I think, although i'm not sure, i seen Paulo Maldini play in a friendly around 1987 so he's definately in. :lol: But after him and Zidane i don't know. I'd pick Henrik Larsson i think. Scheichel in goal, although Shay Given is probably my favourite ever Newcastle player. I used to love watching Mark Hughes playing as a kid, but i wouldn't try to argue he was good enough to be in my team.

Fuck knows! :lol:

If it was on individual performances you've seen Paul Scholes would be captaining my team like. So good in the 2-6 it literally wasn't fair.

I was going to say similar, I was at that game too and he tore us to shreds.  Have been there when Gerrard's done similar as well.

he is, i've got him, shilton and rep so far. and the first two's cases it's because they haven't just had one great game against us but backed it up with many very good games against us.

Those who'd spring to mind for consistant performances against us would include...

Le Tiss, Gerrard, Scholes, Owen, v. Nistelrooy. Guess you don't notice the defensive side of things so much but Campbell was generally a tough nut to crack when at Arsenal and I recall Stam for PSV bossing things.

If it was on individual performances you've seen Paul Scholes would be captaining my team like. So good in the 2-6 it literally wasn't fair.

I was going to say similar, I was at that game too and he tore us to shreds.  Have been there when Gerrard's done similar as well.

he is, i've got him, shilton and rep so far. and the first two's cases it's because they haven't just had one great game against us but backed it up with many very good games against us.

Those who'd spring to mind for consistant performances against us would include...

Le Tiss, Gerrard, Scholes, Owen, v. Nistelrooy. Guess you don't notice the defensive side of things so much but Campbell was generally a tough nut to crack when at Arsenal and I recall Stam for PSV bossing things.

i always remember campbell as being poor up here.

i always remember campbell as being poor up here.

For Spurs aye I'd agree but for Arsenal he always put in a good shift. Seem to remember him scoring a power header once too (possibly made up).

I just went off players I've seen rather than level of performance on that particular occasion... Never thought Shilton played well against NUFC the few times I saw him...

I go back a bit -

Shilton

Thuram

Hendry

Adams

Briegel

Gazza

Keane

Zidane

Best

Law

Shearer

My old man's favourite ever player.

Listen to your old man. Denis was a real handful. And with a mean streak.

For some reason, his reputation doesn't seem to have endured in the same way as other players from the sixties.

Guest Supersylt

------------------Given---------------------

Gerrard---Woodgate------Hyypia-----Irwin---

-Dyer-----Gascoigne-------Speed-----Robert

------------Shearer---Bellamy---------------

Bench: Scholes, Beckham, Cole, Rooney, Emre, Shola, Barthez

Gerrard man of the match as a right back in a 3-1 win against Everton in 2000.

Peter Shilton

Roland Nilsson

Des Walker

Fabricio Coloccini

Stuart Pearce

Chris Waddle

Graeme Souness

Glenn Hoddle

Alan Hudson

Peter Beardsley

Alan Shearer

Thinking about it I'd have to have Paul McGrath in ahead of Coloccini.

Shilton

Nilsson

McGrath

Walker

Pearce

Waddle

Souness

Hoddle

Hudson

Shearer

Beardsley.

I go back a bit -

Shilton

Thuram

Hendry

Adams

Briegel

Gazza

Keane

Zidane

Best

Law

Shearer

Mint.

Surprised by the lack of Woodgates in some of these teams. Interesting thread :thup:

Campbell scored a header at SJP in the game bergkamp scored that goal I think.

The Jenas goal in the 2-6 is one of my favourite celebrations iv been involved in. SJP absolutely erupted

This is amazingly random. :lol: The player pool isn't too big and I can't remember shit. I even forgot one NUFC game and I've been in 2 (Man U away 0-3 in home stand and Villa home 6-0). And Finland, Holland and Sweden national teams. EDIT: Inter-Roma too :lol:

Van der Sar

Maicon    Colo  Hyypiä  Enrique

Zanetti    Tiote  De Rossi

Litmanen

Eto'o        Van Persie

Subs: Zlatan alone         

----------Schmeichel---------

---Cafu--Thuram- Stam- Candela

---Figo-- Keane--Rivaldo

-----------Totti--------

--Del Piero----Shevchenko

Bench: