Curtis Good

aussiemag

With a first team full of Frenchmen I'm not sure the youngsters coming back with 'fuck your Pope' attitudes would be conducive to squad harmony.

Even though a lot of them are Muslims?

Didn't Pardew say at the start of last season that we had eight Muslims in the squad? It was pre-season/Ramadan and he was talking about our slow build-up to full fitness.

Ring any bells for anyone?

Cisse, Ba, Tiote, Marveaux, Bigirimana, Abeid, Ben Arfa... someone else I'm forgetting...?

EDIT: Not Bigirimana then :lol:

Don't think Bigirimana is Muslim. I remember Ba taking some small offence to his (Christian) goal celebrations/ remarks.

Ba did? What did he say/do? (Ba that is)

Nothing major actually. Ba said in a post-match interview that some Muslims might find Bigirimana's goal celebrations a bit offensive.

Don't think Bigirimana is Muslim. I remember Ba taking some small offence to his (Christian) goal celebrations/ remarks.

Nothing major actually. Ba said in a post-match interview that some Muslims might find Bigirimana's goal celebrations a bit offensive.

The Wigan goal? What's wrong with what he did? He did the Ace, King, Queen Jack and closed his eyes in what i imagine was a 'thank you God' moment. If that's all he's referring to then finding that 'a bit offensive' is a f**king joke tbh. Unless Ba was actually joking of course!

Didn't Pardew say at the start of last season that we had eight Muslims in the squad? It was pre-season/Ramadan and he was talking about our slow build-up to full fitness.

Ring any bells for anyone?

Cisse, Ba, Tiote, Marveaux, Bigirimana, Abeid, Ben Arfa... someone else I'm forgetting...?

EDIT: Not Bigirimana then :lol:

Pretty sure Haris Vuckic is Muslim. I don't think Marveuax is.

The Wigan goal? What's wrong with what he did? He did the Ace, King, Queen Jack and closed his eyes in what i imagine was a 'thank you God' moment. If that's all he's referring to then finding that 'a bit offensive' is a f**king joke tbh. Unless Ba was actually joking of course!

The Wigan goal yeah. It was something insignificant really, just a mention of it somewhere. I think most people wouldn't have caught onto it nor remembered it. No biggie anyway.

Nah his other goal

Good idea in theory mind. Get in early and make Rangers our feeder club ready for when they're back in the SPL. :lol:

Not sure how it would benefit us though.

Surely when they're back in the SPL, they'll not have the budget to go and spend straight away but will still be near the top and competing to play in Europe. You'd think sending our young players there, playing in front of 48,000 every week would be better than League One/Two where the standard is similar?

Regarding the crowd, atmosphere etc you make a good point, but the Scottish 3rd is nowhere near L1 or L2 level.

Rangers may be an exception but most S3 sides would struggle in the Unibond or whatever it's called, i.e. the level above the Northern league.

Bloody hell. :lol:

Guest icemanblue

He didn't say that it was offensive at all, like. From my (admittedly poor) memory, he joked that his celebration was terrible.

He didn't say that it was offensive at all, like. From my (admittedly poor) memory, he joked that his celebration was terrible.

This is about right. Absolutely nowt in it.